No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Miguel Cabrera got paid like $300-400k for his first 4 seasons when he killed it. Then he got $7 mil in arbitration. This was all while he was hitting well into the .300s and hitting 30+ homers and driving in 115.

Pujols was a .330 hitter hitting 35+ and driving in 130 runs when he was getting paid well under $1 mil his first three years. Then his 4th year was arbitration and he got $7 mil (not exactly worthy of that kind of production).

Andrew McCutchen same deal his first few years. Robinson Cano. Ryan Howard. The list goes on and on. The young stars typically are vastly underpaid until they get past arbitration and like I said, get their first opportunity at a big payday as they approach the age of 30 (every player is different obviously but you get the point).

Not really sure why you're trying to go to battle with me over this but okay.
    My point is there's a cavernous difference between getting paid handsomely at age 24-26 and "approaching the age of 30." A baseball player's prime age is typically 27-28 statistically speaking.

I don't have a problem with players having to prove themselves for a few years early in their careers before they start making bigger money. For every Pujols or Trout or Cabrera or McCutchen, there are a lot of guys who looked great for the first year or two until the league figured them out and they went bust.

The issue here is giving guys monster deals when they have nowhere to go but down. The motivation is gone, their bodies deteriorate, no steroids to get over injuries, etc. We can all agree on that. I don't see anything wrong with making a player prove himself with at least three years of consistent production, but I do see something wrong with max deals for Hamilton, Pujols, A-Rod, etc.

Again, there's a HUGE difference between signing a guy to a big deal at age 24-27 vs. 31-33. I'm amazed that teams haven't figured that out by now, yet I'm not. Like I said, I really think the owners are seeing the name and the brand only, which helps at the gate, which is all they care about anyway.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    Looking like a paid stripper about to take his wife beater off and twirl it around.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes give young guys money because they have less chance of underperforming if they are pretty good already

Forget older guys just cut them

jjgold

He struck out 3 more times tonight

Bear great call here

Just release him

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Josh Hamilton is pure garbage.

It's comical that our pathetic manager keeps putting him in the cleanup spot.

They need to do what Joe Torre did with Alex Rodriguez, and bat him 8th.

jjgold

Maybe batting him eighth will take the pressure off

He's an automatic out

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Josh Hamilton on pace to make $157,000 per hit this year.

Fuk this clown.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

All those K's tonight with risp might come back and haunt them this game. Texas making a comeback.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Add anther strikeout with the bases loaded lmfao. 0-5 4k's

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

its all mental with this guy.

he has all the talent in the world but his head is "not right" at the present time.

maybe he needs a "slump buster" which is basically when a ball player has sex with a fat chick to snap out of a slump.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    its all mental with this guy.

he has all the talent in the world but his head is "not right" at the present time.

maybe he needs a "slump buster" which is basically when a ball player has sex with a fat chick to snap out of a slump.
    Might be right...he just seems to be pressing all the time

Go relax and hit the fukkin ball

First 12