ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Value on over with Yanks/Pathletics Tomorrow (Sunday)

What you guys think about this one? Both games have fallen under, and with each game going to extras loads of pitchers have been used. The Yankees have stayed relatively quiet scoring under their average of 4.3 runs per game in each of the two games thus far. Harden is off to a great start, though I do believe the Yanks will get to the left hander. In addition, Pettite is a pretty bad pitcher in April (4-6 with around a 4.5 ERA) over the past three years. A's bats have finally come alive. Curious what you guys think.

Also seeing alot of value in the Angels with Santana on the mound, +180 seems pretty damn high to me facing the Red Sox trying to avoid a sweep in Fenway. I have a hard time betting against my own favorite team, but am considering a small play on this one as well. Thanks gang!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeDaMoney View Post
    A's bats have finally come alive.
    That's not how I see it. They are hitting .162 in this series. They hit under .200 this week. Tomorrow, they face a lefty. They're hitting .219 against LHP and .176 at home.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I don't see any value at all with the NY/Oak over. To me, the under is the only way to play the total. Also, Harden is a righty.

I agree with you on the Angels, the line is way off. Santana is a very good young pitcher, and while Beckett has pitched well so far, he hasn't an opponent nearly as good as LAA. Just like you, being a Sox fan I don't like to bet against them, but I don't think I can ignore the value with Anaheim at that price. I will likely make a small play on the Angels.

ShowMeDaMoney

Razz

Could you refer me to the website in which you find detailed stats on series batting averages and such? I am having a hard time finding the stats that I am looking for lately off yahoo. It also seems they don't update it properly. With the shadows today in Oakland, after further thought, I am 100% behind on ya the under call. Them shadows usually make it tougher for the batters.

When I said the A's bats have come alive, they have scored more than they were prior to the series. Also, I believe they have three (could be wrong?) long balls in this series, while only having five total this year. I am going to play the under after further consideration.

Also will be playing the Angels for a small bet.

ShowMeDaMoney

Nevermind, not going to play the under. I really don't like laying -120 on an under, especially with Pettitte going who could easily get torn apart (even by the lowly A's) In addition, if Harden gets in trouble, the tired tired bull pen of the Athletics will need to take over. My official play on this game:

Yanks -101
    Thanks gang.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Passing on this game completely.

BOL to you SMDM

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you SMDM... Yankees -104

A’s lack of offense vs. firepower of the Yankees’ offense and (hopefully) Pettitte's solid performance tonight.
    Last edited by abacus30; 04-15-07 at 02:03 PM.

ShowMeDaMoney

Also added the under 8.5

BOL all.

One unit on each.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

NYY +100 here.....good luck SMDM!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

SMDM, here's a couple that I like a lot:

http://www.donbest.com/website/html/...lb/index.shtml

statfox.com

Yahoo is pretty good for individual hitter/batter matchups, but like you said, I think they update a lot slower than the other two.

Pettite is not looking good so far.