brewski
    brewski's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry to junk up the forum but this is the first time I've felt jaded enough to create a thread of my misfortunes instead of simply replying to someone else's thread (which i've only felt the need to do 2 or 3 times, including yesterday.) I'm used to 2 or 3 of these a day but my god. Hopefully it will make some of you will feel better about your weekend. I included some notes although I know most of you will already know the details. I had other plays as well but these were the ones that really hurt. Feel free to vent as well since I know a lot of you had to be on some of these, hopefully not all of them though.

Today:
    rangers fg (f5 hits. up 3-1 with 1 out bot9. walk then homer to tie game. lose in extras)

phillies +.5 f5 (1-0 after 5, error leads to only run)

white sox fg -1 (f5 hits, you know the rest. lol. luckily i was on under f5 instead of fg. at least one went my way)

jays u4.5 f5 (fg hits. play f5 to avoid the 26th and 30th ranked bp's and of course no runs after 5th. 3 runs scored w/ 2 outs and 1 on error)

dodgers o4.5 f5 (fg hits. 3-1 after 5. dodgers score 1 run on freakin jackson in 5 innings? dodgers get needed run in 6th. dodgers bases loaded no outs in the 1st, 1 run.)

padres u6.5 fg. (f5 hits. lose by the hook. 3 runs w/ 2outs. 1 after pitcher was walked with 2 outs. another 1 on an error)

a's u3.5 f5 (fg hits. scoreless after 4. lose by the hook. walk leads to deciding run)

Saturday:
    Braves fg ( f5 hits, pads get 1 run on wild pitch w/ 2 outs. braves runner on second, no outs top10, bases loaded no outs top12, no runs)

A's u3.5 f5 (1-0 bottom 5, 1 out. Vargas was perfect thru 4)

Brew f5 (how often is a team with 5 runs not ahead after 5, esp against the cards recently?)

Jays u4.5 f5 (4 runs scored with 2 outs. 2-2 with 1 out bot5 then 1 run scored on throwing error on pickoff attempt at 1st and ensuing throwing error on 1st baseman)

Cubs f5 ml .5u and +.5 .5u (leadoff walk leads to 1 run deficit. Tied 8/12 innings)

o's u4.5 f5 and u8 fg (1-1 after 4. goes over in 5th on cano hr, .083 career avg vs gonz. Fg over in b9 by 1 run. 3 scored in 9th, all w/ 2 outs)

Dbacks u9. (f5 under hits. 1-1 after 7. 9 runs in 8th and 9th 3 on errors, 3 with 2 outs, 1 on hbp, 2 on walks. thought i had a chance at the push in bot9 until i saw frieri was coming in)

I figured since i'm already writing a novel here I'd include a few more even though I am used to and can handle this many per day.

Friday: marlins u7 push (f5 hits, 1 run in bot8. 1 run top9 on passed ball w/ 2 outs)

Thursday:
    marlins fg (f5 hits, lose 3-1 on the overturned call at home w/ 2 outs after 2 errors in the inning)

dbacks u4.5 f5 (2-2 bottom 5th, 2 outs. 2 runs scored on an error with 2 outs)

Wednesday:
    angels/o's f5 u4.5 (fg hits. 4-0 after 4. no runs after 5th. 5 of 7 runs scored with 2 outs)

jays/red sox o8.5 (f5 hits with 6 runs. 1 run after 5th)

Not sure why this makes me feel better but it does, even if i dont get a single reply. Thanks.

Edit: on the wrong side of f5/fg for 12 of the 19 above plays. That's quite a swing.
    Last edited by brewski; 08-03-14 at 11:01 PM.

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

Agreed, it's been a bad few days. But it's times like this that make us realize that we don't know jack shit, and jack just left town... Believe me, bro, I'm crying with you. You just gotta deal with it and see what's up next

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Go have yourself a brewski and clear your mind to start the work week.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave tokio 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brewski

Quote Originally Posted by inZane View Post
    Agreed, it's been a bad few days. But it's times like this that make us realize that we don't know jack shit, and jack just left town... Believe me, bro, I'm crying with you. You just gotta deal with it and see what's up next
    Thanks for your condolences my friend. Sorry things were tough for you as well. I don't feel like I don't know shit personally, considering I had the right idea on most of those, i just chose the wrong length of the game. On plays that lose on the final out or 2 I still feel like I capped it right although I still lose where it counts. Most of the above were both which makes them extremely painful.

brewski

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    Go have yourself a brewski and clear your mind to start the work week.
    Will do. Thanks.

inZane

I've been gambling for about 40 years now, and been on both sides my friend. I've got a whole memory bank full of close calls. Believe me, you'll always remember the losses and figure the winners were owed you...

brewski

I've been gambling for about 40 years now, and been on both sides my friend. I've got a whole memory bank full of close calls. Believe me, you'll always remember the losses and figure the winners were owed you...

Good point. I don't go looking for bs on the winners. Although since I've been keeping track I've lost about 4 times as many plays in the 5th/9th as I've won so I do believe I'm owed a few there. I do tend to play unders more than overs so that accounts for some of that certainly. Probably 2 to 1 if i throw out enough unders to make it even.

inZane

Keep playing unders and you'll do fine. Especially in high profile games. I've learned it's way more profitable to bet that nothing is going to happen, instead of hoping that something does... GL Brewski

brewski

Keep playing unders and you'll do fine. Especially in high profile games. I've learned it's way more profitable to bet that nothing is going to happen, instead of hoping that something does... GL Brewski
    Lol. Makes sense. Thanks my friend. GL to you as well.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

stop with the degenerate first five bets, you're just asking for bad beats

brewski

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    stop with the degenerate first five bets, you're just asking for bad beats
    I certainly find them preferable in certain spots. If I had bet more f5's I would have done better. Of the plays with diff results 8 were f5 winners and 4 fg.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I had my 2 big Under plays on Sat. Get funked up in the 9th inning. I felt pretty drained the next day and didn't even want anything to do with betting and baseball.
    I still can't figure out FF Unders vs FG Unders...seems I'm on the wrong side of those and pens that are reliable suck, while gascan ones give up 0-1 runs after 5.

Sorry about your misfortunes dude.
    But thanks for posting...good to know a lot of us endured this crap lately so we can mourn and vent together.
    Hopefully we can celebrate after this week though.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

You just need a cold Brewski, Brewski and move on.

gl

brewski

thanks guys. RollinDo i've noticed we're on a lot of the same plays pretty often so we will likely have each other on bad days. lol. it does seem like the pens always go opposite for me too on the f5/fg equation. it sucks to read the game correctly as under (or over) and choose f5/fg wrong. i'm going to try to keep track and see if i play a half unit on both (on paper) how that would affect the bottom line and maybe how i fare if i play all totals as one or the other. if i find anything useful i'll let you know.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Sounds good man.
    If I were to bet Under in NY Yanks game, it would be FF.
    But I'm going to pass on that. Tomorrow's Under looks a little better with Price and Kuroda.
    When betting Detroit Unders usually seems better to go FF rather than FG.

brewski

yep. tigers pen is usually pretty awful. tigers are one of the few teams that i prefer f5 on sides as well in most instances.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

brewski i know exactly how youre feeling pal, literally have been fcked in the ass with no lube the past week... and again tonight, its literally starting to feel like the norm now, losing all my units ive gained from the year from stupid bullshit mistakes at the end of games, losing unders by 1, games going into extras and they decide to get a 3 run homer, shits just ridiculous. honestly about to just cash out and keep my money for football season, Mlb is my least fav sport to cap, but its usually the most profitable, the season was great until after the break its just felt different. i might start fading myself and see how that goes, basically the only way i see myself making money now, it just kills me that everytime you check the games itll be 8th inning 3 runs away from the over youll check back 15 minutes later in a good mood, then see the game somehow over

brewski

I feel you man. I've lost 2 and pushed 1 under that were 1-0 bot9. 5 runs in the top of the 13th? Yes, please. Lol. I had a nice start out of the break. That Fri,sat, sun I went +15u. All plays being 1u. I gave exactly all of it back last week. Was up 10u after Mon and Tues this week and end the week -1.5u. Pretty much even for all that time spent, sucks. Still up for the year on the bases and I had never followed bases or gambled until the end of April so that gives me some confidence for the future. I had been wanting to for years but never looked into it. Looking forward to trying football and ncaab, sports that I have followed forever. GL to you my friend.

firekillex

you to brotha, hopefully we can turn this around, get the bankroll up a bit for the main sports, NFL,NCCA, NBA, even some NHL ill take right now haha

firekillex

all i gotta say is if this texas game actually gets cancelled im done with MLB 100%
    i was almost optimistic for a few minutes then of course i check the game at 8 runs need one more run for the over and the game is delayed about to be cancelled hahahahhahahaa

me and some vodka are going to have a good night tonight to say the least, ive never had this many bad breaks in a weeks span i literally dont no if this is real life

brewski

Lol. I'm on the over too. The way things have been going we might be better off if it gets canceled.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

It's been called. Final

firekillex

i dont even no what to say anymore guys, just dont even no how this day went to 0-3 when it so easily couldve at least been 2-1

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Get it tomorrow pappose

incognitoh
    incognitoh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4202

Check the rules for your book; you most likely did not lose your O/U bet for Texas and Chicago; O/U's usually only count if they go the full game or 8.5 innings.
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave incognitoh 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by incognitoh View Post
    Check the rules for your book; you most likely did not lose your O/U bet for Texas and Chicago; O/U's usually only count if they go the full game or 8.5 innings.
    respect bro, honestly thats never happened to me, this is my first in MLB.. Just checked and it just counted as a cancelled bet, still sucks to think that it probably wouldve went over for sure, but at least i get my money back so i cant complain to much haha

brewski

make it stop! lost the over f5 nats/mets on a baserunner getting hit by the ball on what would have an rbi single. i keep finding new ways to get f'ed.