Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sunday

12-11, +3.40

2* Cardinals +107 (BL/BS)
    Phillies and Cubs both started out 0-4 at home before winning today, and I think the same thing happens here for the Cardinals. Sheets is 4-13 career against the Cardinals, and I think he gets another loss here. The Cardinals hit righties better than the Brewers, and while the Brewers won the first game of this series, they did it on only five hits. They may not fare much better against the surprisingly good Braden Looper.

1* Angels +185 (ES/JB)
    Just an outrageous price here. The Angels probably lose this game, but Santana is too good a pitcher to be getting this number from anyone but the other Santana or Halladay. Beckett has been strong to start the season, but that was against the Royals and Mariners. The opposition is a little better here, and so is the opposing pitcher.

1* Yankees (AP) @ Athletics (RH) Under 8.5 (-115)
    These offenses haven't done a whole lot in the first two games of the series. 16 total hits yesterday, and both teams stuck on 6 hits today in the bottom of the 9th. The A's don't even have any earned runs. They shouldn't do any better against a lefty tomorrow, and Harden has been quite good at the start of the season.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your Halo's play Razz. I guess I'm a sucker as well betting on a team that can't seem to hit a lick on the road.

GL to you sir

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I like the two sides Razz. Especially the Halos play. I love that value.

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

love the plays. i'd have to toss in mets RL as well. once its posted i have a feeling it will be worth. GL to ya.

Razz

Thanks guys. Icsky, I can see where you're coming from in that game, though actually I think it will get cancelled. Anyway, best of luck if they do play.

Adding:

1* Tigers (Robertson) @ Blue Jays (Towers) Over 10 +100
    Toronto kills lefties in general. They have had a lot of success with Robertson in the past - hitting over .300 as a team against him (including Aaron Hill, who is 9-13 with two HRs). I'd love to back the Jays here, but I have a hard time doing so with Towers on the mound. I just think the chances of Blue Jays 7, Tigers 2 is much less than the chance of this being Tigers 8, Blue Jays 7.

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm totally with you on the Cards - historically Sheets is the Card's bitch! He’s 4-13 with a 4.04 ERA in 21 career starts and has gone 0-5 in six starts against St. Louis since the start of the 2005 season.

bigboydan

I'm waiting to see what type of lineup Larussa will be putting on the field today Razz. I heard yesterday that he might be sitting some starters today.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Really Ervin Santana is a very average pitcher if you look closely at his numbers, the thing is his teams score a lot of runs in his games...that will eventually regress back to the mean.....+185 is wholly justified playing in Boston. Plus LAA falls into a horrible system today that plays against teams that are struggling on offense and in their bullpen. Don't be deceived by such a high price.....there is a reason it is that high.

I think the Yankees will win though Razz...no opinion on the MIL/STL game...but I think Sheets is legit.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    I'm totally with you on the Cards - historically Sheets is the Card's bitch! He’s 4-13 with a 4.04 ERA in 21 career starts and has gone 0-5 in six starts against St. Louis since the start of the 2005 season.
    MIL has been bad for several years and STL has been good for several years. To be 9 games under .500 against team and still have an ERA of 4.04 in 21 starts against a team tells you all you need to know about how good Ben Sheets is and the lack of run support he has received. He easily could have 7 or 8 wins against STL and if MIL were a better ball club he could have a winning record against them....

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the Cards in a parlay with the Tribe. GL!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nice play with the Cards Razz.. My dad had them as well..

I couldn't pull the trigger myself.

Good handicapping my friend..

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

indeed razz great play. i wasnt even thinking about playing it until i saw it on here. thank ya thank ya. and grats.

Razz

Thanks guys. If this Yankees game can just go under, it will be a nice day so far. With the movement against it, I'm going to go with:

1* Padres (CY) @ Dodgers (RW) Under 8 (-110)
    Just too much here. Neither offense has been hitting that well. The Dodgers did in the first game and the Padres did in the second game, but I think this is the game of the series where both teams struggle to score. Chris Young's road successes have been well documented, and Wolf should at least keep a Padres lineup that does not hit LHP well in check, especially in this pitcher's park.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I always like Dodger unders.. GL my friend

Razz

Wow, what a loss.

bigboydan

I had it too Razz. Now that was a f\*\*k job