LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Red Sox, Dodgers Reportedly Exploring Major Trade

Matt Kemp for Jon Lester with other considerations involved. Mariners are also reportedly interested in Kemp. The trading deadline is this week, so stay tuned.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lester,price or king felix I don't care you can have kemp for any of them then the dodgers have to call up joc Pederson....

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Lester,price or king felix I don't care you can have kemp for any of them then the dodgers have to call up joc Pederson....
    Yes, good thinking.

If the Dodgers can flip Kemp for Felix Hernandez they will have an amazing team!

Then they could deal Ellis for Posey, Uribe for Miguel Cabrera, and Crawford for Jose Bautista.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    Yes, good thinking.

If the Dodgers can flip Kemp for Felix Hernandez they will have an amazing team!

Then they could deal Ellis for Posey, Uribe for Miguel Cabrera, and Crawford for Jose Bautista.

somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed no need to be an asshole though..... Dodgers are already a championship quality team if they can work out a Lester or price for $$ and kemp i'm all for it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The Mariners are buyers not sellers.

Mariners may get David Price in exchange for Taijuan Walker.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Is teaserpleaser serious?

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

We do not want Kemp here in boston, i hope they dont do it. There are some good prospects in the Dodger system that I'd want for Lester but really the Sox need big bats.

The plan is possibly to ship Lester to a team for the rest of the year and then pay him his money after the season so he can come back next year. Seems crazy

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why would you want someone who is as lazy and disinterested as Kemp?

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    The Mariners are buyers not sellers.

Mariners may get David Price in exchange for Taijuan Walker.

fishtaco02
    fishtaco02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3875

Kemp is garbage, if dodgers can get someone decent in return for him, major props.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Why would you want someone who is as lazy and disinterested as Kemp?
    sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery. The Red Sox know Kemp's potential and the short porch in Boston will suit Kemp well. He is easily at 35+ HR a year guy playing in that cracker jack ball park.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Not sure where this report is coming from, The Redsox have ZERO interest in Matt Kemp....... They may try to p[ull one over and trade Lester for some prospects, and then try to re sign him in off season...But they are not going to take a big salary back for Lester... Also the Redsox need to move a few prospects before the end of this season, for the 40 man roster and if they dont they could lose some or most to the rule 5 draft...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    Not sure where this report is coming from, The Redsox have ZERO interest in Matt Kemp....... They may try to p[ull one over and trade Lester for some prospects, and then try to re sign him in off season...But they are not going to take a big salary back for Lester... Also the Redsox need to move a few prospects before the end of this season, for the 40 man roster and if they dont they could lose some or most to the rule 5 draft...
    how the hell do you know who the Red Sox are interested in?

Red Sox will bring up young arms and try to be competitive by winning slugfests. Kemp will shine at Fenway pal.

teaserpleaser

sometimes all it takes is a change of scenery. The Red Sox know Kemp's potential and the short porch in Boston will suit Kemp well. He is easily at 35+ HR a year guy playing in that cracker jack ball park.
    I don't know if i'd call him lazy.... his power numbers are way down he looks thinner to me. He can still hit though and play all 3 outfield positions and has all the tools. He looked good in right field.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is a good fit in Seattle would probably make them the favorite if they can get past the play in game

teaserpleaser

Red Sox will bring up young arms and try to be competitive by winning slugfests. Kemp will shine at Fenway pal.
    I trust multiple media sources over Footballtime we'll see hopefully can get lester or price and do something about haren.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    We do not want Kemp here in boston, i hope they dont do it. There are some good prospects in the Dodger system that I'd want for Lester but really the Sox need big bats.

The plan is possibly to ship Lester to a team for the rest of the year and then pay him his money after the season so he can come back next year. Seems crazy
    sure are that's why getting price or lester for kemp (and $$$??) would be a steal ....joc Pederson is the real deal steals bases hits for power and avg kinda reminds me of the kid down the road in Anaheim.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would get rid of Kemp

He had a career year a few years back and is nothing now

easy out

MoneyIsWater
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    MoneyIsWater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Dodgers have a chance at WS.

Horrible move for Dodgers to do that to kemp.

teaserpleaser

Eithier, kemp, or Crawford can all go for all I care .....Rather they trade Eithier and Crawford and keep kemp in right not a bad outfield Pederson,puig,kemp .....eithier and Crawford are just straight up stealing like gangsters....horrible contracts for the Dodgers.

Footballtime

Hey Fukface and ill use the term loosely, kemp is 3 years into a 8 year 160 million contract, why would the redsox pay him that kind of money? When a short 2 years ago they dumped 260 million worth of contracts on the dodgers....... If the redsox wanted to add salary i think they would just offer lester 5 and 100-120, doesnt that make a little sense... The Redsox do have arms in the minor leagues, but unfortunately when called up most dont look all that good.. Jon Lester has always pitched well and has never been on the DL, if i had to pay someone it would be Lester over Kemp........

teaserpleaser

football you guys can have Crawford back if you want him.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

kemp was 1 hr short of joining the exclusive 40-40 club not too long ago. but like most athletes once he got paid (8yr/$160m) he stopped producing. maybe its injuries maybe it was the juice but we wont find out until he plays everyday which isnt possible with the dodgers. hope he goes to boston so we can find out what his full potential is.

who knows maybe he'll revujenate his career like his former teammate james loney has with tampa.

Footballtime

I trust multiple media sources over Footballtime we'll see hopefully can get lester or price and do something about haren.
    Where are the media sources? I live right outside boston and i havent heard a word about Kemp for Lester? Now the Redsox may trade Lester, but no way it will be for Matt Kemop straight up.......

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Lester for Kemp straight up is not really a fair trade. Red Sox would probably need 2 prospects as well.

Footballtime

Did you guys see what Peavy fetched the redsox? 2 fairly good prospects............Can you imagine what Lester is going to fetch them, if they move him? It will be alot more then Matt Kemp.........Come on guys this isnt the heyward Sullivan/Lou Gorham era.......

teaserpleaser

Where are the media sources? I live right outside boston and i havent heard a word about Kemp for Lester? Now the Redsox may trade Lester, but no way it will be for Matt Kemop straight up.......
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...for-kemp-trade (maybe you get some money and a prospect but doubt it will be one of the better prospects) google kemp lester or things of that nature no shortage of coverage.

BeanTownClown88

I hope Boston stays with Jackie Bradley Jr. He's really improving behind the plate and is standing out defensively.
    I'd rather see the kid play center for us over Kemp especially in a meaningless season now.

We need some pop from the outfield however and we have a bunch of guys who can hit for average. Keeping Brock Holt is a must you got to assume and in an effort to get younger and more durable, considering a trade for Victorino whose injured 3/4 the time sounds best.
    I doubt Boston will do it but they have too many young guys with high potential and working them into the lineup is key for our future.

BeanTownClown88

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-s...for-kemp-trade (maybe you get some money and a prospect but doubt it will be one of the better prospects)
    Bradford mentioned it on WEEI this morning on D&C but the context was the Sox are weighing all options and that's just a name we hear kicked around a lot. It doesn't seem they are on the verge of actually DOING anything

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Lester for Kemp straight up is not really a fair trade. Red Sox would probably need 2 prospects as well.
    I agree Lester is worth more then Kemp

teaserpleaser

If he's healthy," one top talent evaluator said of Kemp, who turns 30 on Sept. 23, "he would absolutely destroy that ballpark [Fenway Park .... Taken from that Espn article I linked.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    Bradford mentioned it on WEEI this morning on D&C but the context was the Sox are weighing all options and that's just a name we hear kicked around a lot. It doesn't seem they are on the verge of actually DOING anything
    yeah i'm sure if Im the redsox i'm asking about Pederson some of the other prospects...if im the dodgers I'm saying don't even ask. We'll probably get price or just stay as is....Not like the dodgers have to have more starting pitching.

Footballtime

TP, thanks for the link............. Yeah they will consider a trade for kemp, kind of like they will consider trading Lester... It also stated Kemp would be a major piece, nothing about a 1 for 1 deal..... The Redsox dont want Kemp for the Same reason they dont want to sign Lester, they are both 30 and the top brass in boston figures most players decline after 30........Im not a dodger fan at all, but if i was a would absolutely love a Kemp for Lester trade, but i dont see that happening......Maybe and i mean maybe Kemp and 2-3 propect gets you Lester, otherwise another team offers the Redsox some better propects and not big contract....I honestly dont even think the ?Redsox want to add salary, seems like an articvle written for the hell of it..... Why add 100 million in salry when you could of just offered Lester that 100 million? I mean Lester has never been hurt of on the DL, his worth is very very high...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

They won't take on much.

Gordon Edes reports that the Red Sox are considering trying to acquire Matt Kemp from the Dodgers.
    The Dodgers have reportedly been shopping Kemp around, but would likely have to eat a large portion of his remaining salary (he's owed $107 million between 2015-2019) to make a deal work. Edes suggests that Jon Lester -- who is scheduled to become a free agent this winter --- could be involved in the return package heading to the Dodgers. Los Angeles is known to be seeking a starting pitcher at the trade deadline and Boston would be a seemingly-excellent change of scenery for Kemp.

Source: ESPN Boston

BeanTownClown88

God why won't they just pay Lester UGHHH

123 Last