Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I think Colby Lewis has officially lost it.

In the eyes of Colby Lewis, Blue Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus sure could use a lesson in baseball etiquette.

Lewis took exception to a fifth-inning bunt by Colby Rasmus during the Rangers-Blue Jays game on Saturday. Lewis felt the bunt single went against baseball etiquette.

Lewis, the Rangers' starting pitcher, exchanged words with Rasmus during the fifth inning of Texas' 4-1 loss Saturday. The right-hander was irked when Rasmus laid down a two-out bunt single with the Blue Jays up 2-0 and the Rangers playing the shift.

"I told [Rasmus] I didn't appreciate it," Lewis said, according to MLB.com. "You're up by two runs with two outs and you lay down a bunt. I don't think that's the way the game should be played."

Lewis, who fell to 6-7 with the loss, felt Rasmus' bunt was a selfish act.

"I felt like you have a situation where there is two outs, you're up two runs, you have gotten a hit earlier in the game off me, we are playing the shift, and he laid down a bunt basically simply for average," Lewis said.

On top of the bunt, Lewis said the fact that Rasmus didn't try to steal second base further proved he was just concerned about upping his average.

"[Rasmus] didn't steal within the first two pitches to put himself in scoring position," Lewis said. "That tells me he is solely looking out for himself, and looking out for batting average. And I didn't appreciate it."

After the game, Rasmus said he was trying to help his team and did not understand why Lewis took offense.

"I'm just trying to help my team and he didn't like it -- so sorry about it," Rasmus said, according to MLB.com. "I'm not here to try to please the other side, I'm here to help my team, and I had an opportunity where I could, and I took advantage of it."

Rasmus went 2-for-4 on the day. He is hitting .223 this season.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

what a loser/idiot

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Imagine what some of the old grinders who were hard nosed if they were still playing what they would say to Colby?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

What a goofy thing to say.

I was actually watching a little of that game, and it doesn't surprise me that they would bunt on Colby Lewis. He is a terrible defensive pitcher. I think some of other guys bunted on him too, later in the game.

Bluehorseshoe

If I'm going against him next game and I'm the manager....you know what I'm telling my players to do to get him off his game.

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

Figures a guy named Colby would be such a twat about someone doing their job. If anything I would argue against these pain in the ass shifts that many managers are using. If enough guys knew how to bunt, and did so whenever a pant load pitcher was on the mound like Colby, it might just be enough to put those overshifts back in the closet. haha Colby. Probably been angry all his life. Haha f'in Colby. Hahahahahahahahaha

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Guy is being a pussy boy

Not like its a 10-0 game in the 9th inning. lol what a pussy rooster boy

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Just mad that his ERA is nearly 7, should be glad the guy is bunting since he can barely get anyone out.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

what is there to be mad about?? making millions playing a game. geez. you could be tommy milone and not have an mlb job pitching lights out. cheer up bud.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Just mad that his ERA is nearly 7, should be glad the guy is bunting since he can barely get anyone out.
    Yep. I bet you he does a 180 later today when he comes to his senses.

Bluehorseshoe

This just in from Colby Lewis.....

"I don't want to pitch against the Yankees today because they hit the ball hard and it's not fair."

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    This just in from Colby Lewis.....

"I don't want to pitch against the Yankees today because they hit the ball hard and it's not fair."
    he's such an idiot