Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Friday

Good thing the D Rays don't know how to run the bases or do anything fundamental really. Also nice for Toronto to get 9 hits and 2 walks through 6 innings and only score 2 runs. But, I guess Cleveland was a fairly lucky win, or at least a 50/50 game that I laid 128 in.

(8-7, +3.5) - all for a single unit today

Phillies -105 (BM/RO)
    Great pitcher in Oswalt faces one of almost equal caliber in Myers, but the strong edge in the Phillies lineup makes this a play for me. Neither bullpen is much to write home about, but I think it will be easier for the powerful Phillies lineup to exploit the weaknesses of the Astros pen.

Cardinals +110 (AR/BS)
    Frankly, I think the Cardinals should be the favorite here. I'm a big fan of this Brewers team, and Sheets is quite good, but the Cardinals have owned him in his past. The Cardinals are better against RHP than the Brewers, and I think Reyes is much undervalued.

Red Sox -105 (TW/JL)
    The Red Sox have owned Lackey in the past, and Wakefield is, IMO, the only Red Sox pitcher that will have any value this season. Instead of the outrageous price you would have to pay with any other starter, this number is reasonable, despite Wakefield's first start being about as good as any the Red Sox have given this season.

Indians -105 (FC/JV)
    As rjt said, I expect Carmona to do much better in the starting role than he did as a closer. Vazquez is nothing special, despite a quality first start. He will face a much better lineup this time around, as the loaded Indians' bats have won 11 of 12 against righty starters.

Yankees (KI) @ A's (DH) Under 9.5 (-120)
    Haren has had a lot of success against the Yankees in the past, and it probably continues tonight. I think this total is so high because of Igawa's first start, which I admit was dreadful. He'll have it easier this time around, as there is less pressure away from home, he is in a great pitcher's park, and most importantly, the A's are hitting .160 against LHP.
    Last edited by Razz; 04-13-07 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling like bigboydan

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your Phillies play Razz.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I like the Sox pick. As you said, Lackey has always had trouble against Boston, and Wake is usually a solid first-half pitcher.

Also like the Yanks/A's under. I think Haren is a top 5 pitcher in the AL, and he has pitched well against NY in the past. Also think Igawa will bounce back and pitch much better against Oak's medicore O.

GL Razz.