STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Predict the MLB playoffs at the All Star break

Lets have some fun

AL East: Yankees
    AL Central: Tigers
    AL West: Angels
    AL Wild Cards: A's and Royals

A's over Tigers and Angels over Yankees in the ALDS, Angels over A's in ALCS

NL East: Nationals
    NL Central: Reds
    NL West: Dodgers
    NL Wild Cards: Cards and Giants

Dodgers over Cards and Reds over Nats in NLDS, and Dodgers over Reds in NLCS

Dodgers over Angels in World Series

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

O's
    Tigers
    A's
    Angels/M's

Nats
    Reds
    Dodgers
    Giants/Brewers

A's over Nats in the WS.

STAX

Hey Cuse why you like A's to win? Everyone seems to think they are gonna win it and I am just not convinced. Their pitching is awesome, but I just don't see that true #1 proven Ace stud. I see a lot guys having remarkable seasons. I see a lot of 1b type starters. I don't see a pitcher that can carry a team on his back in the playoffs when the weather is colder.

I think the A's a very, very, very good team. But I see them as a great regular season team, and its different in the playoffs. That's why I like the Dodgers more than the A's. Kershaw/Greinke/Beckett... when it comes to the playoffs, give me those 3 over anyone the A's have right now. I cant really put my finger on it as to why I don't think this team is October ready. Maybe it's the fact that they've won one playoff series in the last quarter of a decade. Maybe the A's will prove me wrong, but I just can't see them winning the WS this year.

A's really remind me of Seattle in 02 or 03 when the M's won a record 116 regular season games and lost in the ALDS...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Just love their balance...not huge on baseball though. You could be right with the Mariners comparison, they may not be built for the playoffs. I think Kazmir could be that ace that carries them. I could see their staff folding under pressure in the playoffs though but over a 7 game series, my money is on the A's right now.

Kershaw and Greinke could carry the Dodgers, playoff baseball is a whole new animal.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I like the As vs Dodgers

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Really think Dodgers come out of NL, thinking about putting some on that and on As/Dodgers Tigers/Dodgers matchups.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Really think Dodgers come out of NL, thinking about putting some on that and on As/Dodgers Tigers/Dodgers matchups.
    Don't bother putting a penny on the Tigers.
    No shot unless they pull off some kind of miracle deal for Huston Street.
    That bullpen prevents them from being contenders.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

O's
    Tigers
    A's
    Angels/Mariners

Braves
    Reds
    Dodgers
    Brewers/Giants

A's over Dodgers in WS

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

who else

beermankirk
    beermankirk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 885

Mariners win the series...

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Gotta go with the Nats over Det in the WS. We all know once oct comes around verlander turns back into cy young and him mad max and sanchez will beat oak as usual cmon guys we all know how this ends in oct for the A's

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm skipping right to the finals Oakland A's versus LA Dodgers and Oakland wins 4-2

STAX

Man, I like Oakland just I do not see how they are ever gonna beat the Dodgers in a 7 game series. I really think LAD are a big fav in the NL... and its a 3 team race in the AL between OAK, LAA, and DET... I would give all three about a 30% chance of making the WS, and the remaining 10% going to the field. I'd give the Dodgers over 50% against the entire NL, although I think the Reds are a sneaky team to watych out for... anyone know odds on Cincy winning the NL pennant?