KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Fidel you seriously think as a CLOSER he deserved to starte 5th???? Everybody posting his numbers needs to realizr he comes in with that hideous side arm throw after batters been facing a different release pointfor 7-8 before he comes in the game and hitters dont get enough time to pick his release up, if he was a starer hed grt fukkin lit up by the 4th inning everygame he started.

OckertCR
    OckertCR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 823

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Fidel you seriously think as a CLOSER he deserved to starte 5th???? Everybody posting his numbers needs to realizr he comes in with that hideous side arm throw after batters been facing a different release pointfor 7-8 before he comes in the game and hitters dont get enough time to pick his release up, if he was a starer hed grt fukkin lit up by the 4th inning everygame he started.
    Closer? LMFAO.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Most relievers are failed starters. So Most of them would get lit up if they started. Closing is as much about opportunity as it is skills. If Rosenthal faulters he's next in line

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Hey, glad to see you are a Card's fan. Good for you
    . This guy is your hero? Good luck with that.
    I wager on the Card's all the time, never heard of this guy, but don't study closers or set up men all that much
    I mean really grow up and get a life, especially if this upsets you.

By the way, I never heard of you either Castro, so what does that mean, nothing . LOL

Thanks, its a hell of a franchise with a Illustrious history

whatever this has to do with anything we are talking about ,

kinda reflects on your betting if you bet on Cards all the time

and have never heard of their reliever who made the All Star team

look at your responses in this thread, before and after I commented.

Im sorry if your team lost this particular game but I commented because I hate threads like these.

These overreaction threads grow tiring, especially when

the comments made are so strong,yet followed by another comment of I have never heard or seen

the guy before tonights game.....

Now this part I agree with. It means absolutely nothing if you know , or dont know someone.

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Wow, 40 whole innings, he must be the next Sandy Koufax.

40 innings is a ton of innings ptiched for the all star break as a relief pitcher

If this stat does not mean shit , then why are only 1 or 2 other relievers in the same E.R.A range that Neshek is so far

Sandy Koufax was a starting pitcher, so your sarcasm is misplaced

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

It was a joke, just like this entire thread. BOL in your future wagers and hope you continued success.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Mag. I think you're overreacting here.
    Neshak is a future HOF pitcher...that is, if people can erase this performance from their minds.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Most relievers are failed starters. So Most of them would get lit up if they started. Closing is as much about opportunity as it is skills. If Rosenthal faulters he's next in line
    So lets bring a guy who cant start out in the 5th inning of a tie game??????

a86r
    a86r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Guy is a MN native, born and raised in Brooklyn Park, played for the Twins years ago

Pretty emotional time for this guy and his roller coaster of career, but to play in front of 50 family members and friends, in your hometown, I'm sure the dude was nervous as all hell

Not his best outing but overall the guy has been solid all year...sorry for your loss tho, you'll get em next time!

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

"not his best outing…guy overall this year has been solid" lol. home field advantage depended on the outcome of that game and he lost it. rather him be shitty all year and miraculously on point in the all-star game.
    Points Awarded:

KiDBaZkiT gave TwoWays 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    "not his best outing…guy overall this year has been solid" lol. home field advantage depended on the outcome of that game and he lost it. rather him be shitty all year and miraculously on point in the all-star game.
    The hell with that bum and his friend "Fidel". LOL.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Mag. I think you're overreacting here.
    Neshak is a future HOF pitcher...that is, if people can erase this performance from their minds.
    What does HOF stand for in this case: " Hell Of a Flop" .

Fidel_CashFlow

thats why I did not fall for your passive aggressive attempt in post 40

Keep on discussing this subject in the manner that you have been though.

Its like watching a female who threw 25 bucks on the All Star game

because she tore through a 6 pack of Zima's and then logged onto her boyfriends account .

Neshek scattered 3 runs over 40+ innings so far this year.

Once again I apologize that the game you bet on some balls

went through the infield and it cost you 22 Mcchickens from your account

Fidel_CashFlow

hes not a closer...

he has been coming out in the 7th and 8th this year. A few times sooner then that(earlier in the year)

Ill give you all one thing, Matheny was guilty of being too eager to utilize his players from the cardinals.....

but no one expected Waino to give up some runs...

even Kershaw(day b4 the game) said that Waino was the more deserving pitcher up to that point.

Wish the Cards would of had more of a positive impact then a negative one on the game

im sure they feel shitty as their both fierce competitors.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Fidel,

how long is Yadier out for?

how confident are you in the Cardinals to win the divison and NL penant?

Crazy how the top 4 teams in the NL central are within 3.5 games of each other

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    thats why I did not fall for your passive aggressive attempt in post 40

Keep on discussing this subject in the manner that you have been though.

Its like watching a female who threw 25 bucks on the All Star game

because she tore through a 6 pack of Zima's and then logged onto her boyfriends account .

Neshek scattered 3 runs over 40+ innings so far this year.

Once again I apologize that the game you bet on some balls

went through the infield and it cost you 22 Mcchickens from your account
    Hey listen Castro, I tried to be nice to you, but I guess people from your native land don't understand. I did not bet on a stupid useless game like that. I wouldn't waste my time. It is kind of ironic that nobody on the useless post stuck up for your boy. So, that being said, go back to Cuba, and take the rest of the illegal aliens with you, by the way, take the ones from Mexico as well.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

If you've truly never heard of Neshek, it's very difficult to put any stock into what you're saying & it's even dumber to waste time arguing with a guy that's never heard of Neshek.
    Whole lot of stupid in this thread....

a86r
    a86r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Lol no shit but your missing the point...one outing isn't going to make someone less worthy of an all-star, not like wainwright pitched well, Puig played awful does that make him less of an all-star

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Fidel,

how long is Yadier out for?

how confident are you in the Cardinals to win the divison and NL penant?

Crazy how the top 4 teams in the NL central are within 3.5 games of each other

Sorry for late response, if u still care Im not confident the Cards can win the division.

Yadi is out for another 7-10 weeks, I just hope that whenever he does come back , its at full strength

Yadi's importance is bigger then this one season ya know.

When Wacha went down I though that was the dagger through our hearts, but nothign compares to losing Molina.

He is prolly the most important Redbird . Even bigger then Waino since Wainright can only help once every 5 days

Molina's impact is everyday , and his importance is vital in so many crucial areas. He is our leader

Cards are fighters and everyone knows they play their asses off in the last few weeks of the season regardless of

the roster they throw out there. I think they sneak their way into the playoffs ... not sure bout Central though.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Cardinals putting it on the Dodgers again today.

watch them end up in the world series now.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14356

He just K'ed Kemp.

Bostongambler

Now Ramirez

TwoWays

wonderful job, neshek. did u know he gave up 2 runs on 1/3 inning in the all-star game, and lost home field adv. for the nation league.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

he has allowed 1 earned run since April 9th

Bostongambler

wonderful job, neshek. did u know he gave up 2 runs on 1/3 inning in the all-star game, and lost home field adv. for the nation league.
    Yes , I believe thats why this thread was started.

TwoWays

he is one of those all-star selects that should show up and enjoy the festivities but not be allowed to pitch in the game.

Bostongambler

He has been pitching lights out this year, thats why he made it.

Fidel_CashFlow

"The All Star game was the first sports wager I ever made"

~

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

The Colorado Rockies have acquired right-handed reliever Pat Neshek from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for three prospects in infielder Jose Gomez and right-handed pitchers J.D. Hammer and Alejandro Requena.

Neshek has gotten back to his stingy ways in 2017 of not allowing runs, ending his tenure with the Phillies with a 1.12 ERA over his 43 appearances. He worked 40.1 innings and allowed just five earned runs, striking out 45 batters, en route to his second career All-Star Game appearance. The 10.0 K/9 IP rate puts him on pace for his best season since 2008 when he was with the Minnesota Twins.

The last time Neshek attended the Midsummer Classic, he finished the year with a 1.87 ERA as a member of the St. Louis Cardinals in 2014. A mid-season trade to a contender is a career first for Neshek, who will be joining his seventh different organization during his 11-year career.

First 12