Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

There are so many poor managers in MLB

I am sick of watching Managers piss away games because they don't understand the game. I get it, these guys have lived the game, played on many teams, ridden the busses (ok not all of them, but the majority).

what these guys do not seem to understand is the 'feel' of a game.

I managed Provincial level ball here for years, and while I don't claim to be as knowledgable about the game or the technical side of the game as some of these guys are, but I sure as hell would not have left JA Happ in tonight to face Pujols. What a mess. Another game pissed away.

Drives me nuts....then after giving up 3 runs they are bringing in the same guy anyway. What did they save?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

After sitting through years of Jimmy Leyland's decisions, I really think players and managers don't put much of a priority on certain games. I'm not saying they lose certain games on purpose -- it's just that they like to give the whole "it's a 162-game season" spiel like one night doesn't matter. Then they look back in September when they're 2 games out and realize it does. Not sure why this is such a common approach to baseball games for a lot of these guys, but it is. They're "pacing themselves."

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

another Torontonian who actually believed this was going to be their year. It's pathetic.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

angels +300 -1.5 live was a nice gift considering they always put up a 5 spot sooner or later

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Gibbons is a joke...also a fat lazy mess, it takes him almost two minutes to waddle out to the mound.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

They need to go full SABR for all in-game decisions.