LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

MLB - Wednesday, 7/2/14

4 MLB Plays Wednesday

Brewers +107 (5 Dimes)
    Reds / Padres UNDER 6 -113 (5 Dimes)
    Rockies +200 (Heritage)
    Diamondbacks / Pirates UNDER 7.5 -105 (5 Dimes)

YTD: 247-279-7, -2.94

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

When do we give up on the road Rockies?

+220 Monday
    +195 Yesterday
    +200 again today.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post

+220 Monday
    +195 Yesterday
    +200 again today.
    Never, theres too much value to pass up on

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fister's average fastball velocity on his last outing, at the Cubs, was at about 87 mph by the far the lowest this year -- the lowest single-game FA velocity, in fact, in the last three years.

Is something wrong with Mister Fister? The Cubs got to him for 7 H and 3 ER in 6 IP, not a bad start but not great. He does has his trademark control, though, issuing very few walks over the course of this season.

Fister's high FIP and strand rate also tempt me into a Rockies pick. Just not sold on the guy. The Rocks, alas, manage to win just 36% of their road games. Matzek is still an unknown commodity... undistingished minor league digits and the Natinals hit LHP at .283 albeit a bit light in the power dept. But Matzek twirled a great game his last outing, at Milwaukee.

Natinals at -230 is silly. For me a Rockies pick would be mostly a Fister fade based on a few indicators and a fingers crossed that Matzek can reprise his last performance.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post
    Fister's average fastball velocity on his last outing, at the Cubs, was at about 87 mph by the far the lowest this year -- the lowest single-game FA velocity, in fact, in the last three years.

Is something wrong with Mister Fister? The Cubs got to him for 7 H and 3 ER in 6 IP, not a bad start but not great. He does has his trademark control, though, issuing very few walks over the course of this season.

Fister's high FIP and strand rate also tempt me into a Rockies pick. Just not sold on the guy. The Rocks, alas, manage to win just 36% of their road games. Matzek is still an unknown commodity... undistingished minor league digits and the Natinals hit LHP at .283 albeit a bit light in the power dept. But Matzek twirled a great game his last outing, at Milwaukee.

Natinals at -230 is silly. For me a Rockies pick would be mostly a Fister fade based on a few indicators and a fingers crossed that Matzek can reprise his last performance.
    thats how I feel, and Im not into betting based on crossing my fingers lol

randynsales
    randynsales's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Right now it seems smart money is coming in on the rockies as of now im with the rocks ill now more before game ill keep watching the line
    Last edited by randynsales; 07-02-14 at 08:42 AM.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post

+220 Monday
    +195 Yesterday
    +200 again today.
    When the books stop overvaluing their road opponents.

Nitronett
    Nitronett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Today is the only day the really have a chance

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I completely agree with you, they are overvaluing their road oppoenents, but they've also been playing pretty shitty. This is the only game that I would have considered playing Colorado. Also why do you like Brew Crew here? I initially liked Toronto and am not understanding all the Brew love

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    thats how I feel, and Im not into betting based on crossing my fingers lol
    The Rockies will be my second SBR writeup game today, if I remember I will post it here. Bottom line, Fister's strikeout rate is way down this season, and yes reduced velocity could be part of the reason as Down Goes Bo alluded to. Matzek is a big left-handed power pitcher that would be projected as an ace-type if he did not walk so many guys. He has an overpowering fastball and if he can harness his control, he will be tough. He hits 96 MPH with his fastball and has a plus curve.

LT Profits

I completely agree with you, they are overvaluing their road oppoenents, but they've also been playing pretty shitty. This is the only game that I would have considered playing Colorado. Also why do you like Brew Crew here? I initially liked Toronto and am not understanding all the Brew love
    Milwaukee has better starting pitcher and better bullpen.

Nitronett
    Nitronett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

I do like brew crew today though but prob will just fade the game

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Peralta has been Brewers second best SP; (Lohse)

mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Peralta has been tagged with a .316 BA against left handed batters, and the Jays have 4 in the lineup, with 3 switch hitters..
    Happ has been tagged with a .286 against right handed batters, and the Brewers have 8 in their lineup with 1 switch hitter..

Over 9.5 a possibility..?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

That's a completely arbitrary, random, subjective comment.

"Overvalued" according to who? You? You may believe that the Rockies at +200 is a "value" bet compared to the number they should be listed at according to your system and methods, but in the end, that is your opinion and nothing else. In actuality, every time you have bet Colorado recently (with the exception of Sunday), the home team has been the one with value -- because the Rockies haven't even been close to winning. Colorado has dropped 13 of its last 15 games, and failed to cover the +1.5 in 11 of those instances.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

"Overvalued" according to who? You? You may believe that the Rockies at +200 is a "value" bet compared to the number they should be listed at according to your system and methods, but in the end, that is your opinion and nothing else. In actuality, every time you have bet Colorado recently (with the exception of Sunday), the home team has been the one with value -- because the Rockies haven't even been close to winning. Colorado has dropped 13 of its last 15 games, and failed to cover the +1.5 in 11 of those instances.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Rockies suuuuuuuck

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Honest question: how many times have you bet them over the last 15 games? Because even if you hit this one today -- which I think you probably will -- you're still in the red backing them recently. I can all but guarantee that.

yanksallday7
    yanksallday7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1718

This!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by yanksallday7 View Post
    This!
    I have made this same mistake many a time backing ugly dogs. I even had Colorado yesterday. The bet was a joke. There wasn't "value" on the number -- it was a stupid, sucker bet. Period.

LT Profits

Honest question: how many times have you bet them over the last 15 games? Because even if you hit this one today -- which I think you probably will -- you're still in the red backing them recently. I can all but guarantee that.
    But what's your point? We are talking about a 15-game sample. I am more concerned with overall record and I have done a much better job since bottoming out at -30. I already incorporate home vs. away and I don't want to tinker with that too much. One alternative would be to disregard Colorado games altogether, and I would probably have a winning record if I did that. But I don't want to start making exceptions like that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

But what's your point? We are talking about a 15-game sample. I am more concerned with overall record and I have done a much better job since bottoming out at -30. I already incorporate home vs. away and I don't want to tinker with that too much. One alternative would be to disregard Colorado games altogether, and I would probably have a winning record if I did that. But I don't want to start making exceptions like that.
    Why not? Your biggest problem at this point is being married to your methods. I've said that before. Just because something has worked for you in the past doesn't guarantee anything for the future. You keep saying "well I did this" or "this has worked in the past" or "I had X number of winning seasons before." Your lack of flexibility is costing you IMHO. You are a slave to your system, which in the end is just your own personal interpretation of numbers anyway. You seem to believe that staying loyal to "objective" data takes human error and element out of the equation, but the human element and observation is both needed and inevitable in gambling.

RavensFan2k3

Why not? Your biggest problem at this point is being married to your methods. I've said that before. Just because something has worked for you in the past doesn't guarantee anything for the future. You keep saying "well I did this" or "this has worked in the past" or "I had X number of winning seasons before." Your lack of flexibility is costing you IMHO. You are a slave to your system, which in the end is just your own personal interpretation of numbers anyway. You seem to believe that staying loyal to "objective" data takes human error and element out of the equation, but the human element and observation is both needed and inevitable in gambling.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

dude LT, last night i parlayed your under in the SF game and Cle ML and it hit!! winner winner chicken mothafuckin dinner!!

LT Profits

1 MLB Addition

5 MLB Plays Wednesday

Brewers +107 (5 Dimes)
    Reds / Padres UNDER 6 -113 (5 Dimes)
    Rockies +200 (Heritage)
    Diamondbacks / Pirates UNDER 7.5 -105 (5 Dimes)
    Rangers +125 (5 Dimes)

lamichaeljames
    lamichaeljames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

get it pimp!

JM17

LT Profits, Fadin' the public since 10-27-06

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rangers also suuuuuuck.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post

Im on over 8....That's rediculous

JM17

The rockies and rangers picks are a little whacky.

RavensFan2k3

So Matzek strikes out Bryce Harper and they take him out. Relief pitcher prompty gives up a triple and now a score, wow.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

So Matzek strikes out Bryce Harper and they take him out. Relief pitcher prompty gives up a triple and now a score, wow.
    I don't know why you'd get that horrific bullpen involved unless you absolutely had to.

Just like the Cubs, another 30-plus cent line movement winner with Washington. It's uncanny.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

I guess people don't learn that Rockies can't win on the road vs decent teams for YEARS...

RavensFan2k3

I don't know why you'd get that horrific bullpen involved unless you absolutely had to.

Just like the Cubs, another 30-plus cent line movement winner with Washington. It's uncanny.
    It's almost like they were trying to give up a run.

12 Last