BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

LOL at no one wanting Nelson Cruz this offseason. Guy is a fkn HOG

I didn't understand why the Yankees didn't take that guy.
    Perfect spot for a one year gamble instead of getting Beltran's old and injury-plagued ass.

This guy Cruz is a fukkin beast this year.
    Couldn't get 80 mill for 4 years, turned down a one year contract with the Rangers for 14 mill, and is the biggest steal of the year now at only 8 mill by the O's.

Going to get HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE money next year barring a disastrous 2nd half.
    Guy might hit 50 hr's by the times it's over.
    Orioles should make sure they lock him up during his next slump he has.
    If not, they won't be able to win him over in the offseason, he will have his pick of the litter of teams bidding on him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Benny who knew he was this good??

He showed a lot of potential of course in the past

Maybe steroid scandal scared people

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

That's because they've not figured out what juice he's taken yet

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Benny who knew he was this good??

He showed a lot of potential of course in the past

Maybe steroid scandal scared people
    Go look at his numbers.
    Have you seen the bags of shit that get money in this league?
    I'm sure if he wanted 70-80 mill for 4 years he would have settled for 60-65.
    Didn't seem too out of line for a 30 hr guy.

Hitting in Baltimore helps, I can't believe how much the ball flies out of that park.

Guy is on an unreal pace right now though. Could make a run at 60 hr's if he stays hot.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

I agree. Balti got a great deal.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I remember pulling into the Foxwoods lots 'round noonish on a Saturday when Evan Roberts on WFAN started blasting the Mets for not signing Cruz. Just had come across the sports wire, IIRC. Roberts is a huge Mets fan (as am I) and really, I've never heard him more annoyed. "For 1 year, 8 million and they basically gave that to Young! You kiddin me!"

Yeah, Cruz was right there for the Mets for a bargain basement price to fill a big need and they fukked it up, per Met usual. And they can't use the steroid excuse cuz of course they signed ol' Teletubby Bartolo.

Roberts had me mad now and I was enjoying listening to his on-going rant, so I pulled into the far lot where there's a Burger King, ordered, and just listened to him justifiably eviscerate Mets management for the next hour.

Yep, Jeff & Sandy... the 10yr plan

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8430

Hard to dish out money to a guy who could be gone for more than a season any given test day. Has to be a major reason why he could only get a yr deal

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    I remember pulling into the Foxwoods lots 'round noonish on a Saturday when Evan Roberts on WFAN started blasting the Mets for not signing Cruz. Just had come across the sports wire, IIRC. Roberts is a huge Mets fan (as am I) and really, I've never heard him more annoyed. "For 1 year, 8 million and they basically gave that to Young! You kiddin me!"

Yeah, Cruz was right there for the Mets for a bargain basement price to fill a big need and they fukked it up, per Met usual. And they can't use the steroid excuse cuz of course they signed ol' Teletubby Bartolo.

Roberts had me mad now and I was enjoying listening to his on-going rant, so I pulled into the far lot where there's a Burger King, ordered, and just listened to him justifiably eviscerate Mets management for the next hour.

Yep, Jeff & Sandy... the 10yr plan
    Listening to Joe & Evan bash the mets day in and day out is very entertaining.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave bigtymer56 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    Hard to dish out money to a guy who could be gone for more than a season any given test day. Has to be a major reason why he could only get a yr deal
    If he gets caught, he doesn't get paid.
    Why do you think the Yanks wanted MLB to jam it in A-roids butthole so hard? They saved like 28 million this year.

I am surprised MLB hasn't permitted teams to put a clause in contracts for ppl getting caught now though, letting them releae players who may get caught or something of that nature.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

.435 in last 8 games. He will get a good deal on his next contract.