AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Boston and the Cubbies Could this be a big letdown spot?

Boston just came off a 10 day road trip. They flew across the country from the West Coast and promptly lost to NYY 6-0. They then take two big games in Yankee stadium.

Now they go home to play the Cubs. Could this be a classic letdown situation?

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

Worth a shot with Arietta going.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Hard to like the Scrubs but I agree with Arietta going and Sox getting back from the road AND playing the late Sunday nighter worth a shot. This jumped at me as well just trying to consider fg or f5 best play?

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a longtime Oriole Arrieta has a history with BOS and it isn't pretty. Current Sox hitting him at .407 though the sample size is fairly small.

2 GS at Fenway and 11.1 IP has generated a 7.15 ERA and 1.76 WHIP.

Arrieta seems to have found a groove so far this year -- but vs. weak NL opponents. Over the past five weeks or so he's faced Miami twice, San Diego, Mets, Philly and Cincy.

Then again even the Cubbies can probably muster a few runs vs. Peavy. Odds have risen since the +126 opener to as high as +141. BOL to anyone with the cojones to take the Cubbies here.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Good point on Arietta its early and had not considered that yet hmm. Its hard too say but obviously Boston has been shit lately and not hitting in general. One other trend is they start series poor and go out with a bang in get away gm. Lost early ones to Oak, Seattle, NY and finished with wins including the last 2 in NY. May just lean harder on f5 here if I play this and hope Sux are a bit flat early and Arietta is dealing.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

I'd be careful with Peavey 1-6 with a 4.93. Hammered last time out again, and given up 6 homers in last 4. He is good for a least 4 runs. Actually, the Red Sox with thinking of skipping him today. Instead then sent Delarosa down. BOL.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    I'd be careful with Peavey 1-6 with a 4.93. Hammered last time out again, and given up 6 homers in last 4. He is good for a least 4 runs. Actually, the Red Sox with thinking of skipping him today. Instead then sent Delarosa down. BOL.

I don't get why they sent DeRosa down, he was improving. Thought he would make a decent 5th starter

mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

After taking a look at the game between the Cubs and Red Sox, my lean is with the home side. The Cubs had Sunday off, while the Sox played a Sunday Night Baseball game at Yankee Stadium. The game got over at around 11:30, I'm assuming they flew back into Boston, so they were probably at Logan around 2-3am. Game starts tonight at 7:10 EST. Could there be fatigue? It's possible... As for the pitchers, Arrieta is obviously on a better run, but his numbers against the Red Sox aren't all that impressive. 0-3, 6.00 ERA since 2011, and at Fenway park since 2011, he's 0-1 with a 7.15 ERA. These numbers wouldn't have been all that horrifying about a week ago when the Red Sox couldn't hit a beach ball, but they just took two from the Yankees in the Bronx, and last night, they were hitting the ball well. Now they come home for a long homestand, and go up against Arrieta, who the Sox are hitting at a .407 BA in 54 at bats.

Jake Peavy hasn't been great this season either, 1-6, 4.93 ERA. He got lit up his last time out in Seattle, but despite the Cubs tagging him with a .304 BA in 56 at bats, I would think this is a favorable matchup for him. Since 2011, he's 2-2, 3.65 ERA against the Cubbies.

Had the Sox not been swinging the bat well the last two games, I'd probably stay away here, but I think after putting up some runs this weekend, Ortiz & Pedroia get it done tonight at Fenway Park.. ML -160

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

Over 8.5 doesn't seem too farfetched.