Juice973
    Juice973's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Going to the mets game with my company today - wearing my Yankee jersey. I haven't been following the Mets at all this season but I have heard their bats have been heating up recently. Hot enough to do some damage to Kazmir?? Who has been having a sick season so far. I know Bartolo USED to be good but is he washed up now?

I want to take A's money line but at -147 I'm thinking the of taking the spread or the under. Any thoughts?

DEUCED
    DEUCED's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over. I think both teams hit.

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Wearing your yankees jersey is just fking stupid. Major pet peeve of mine is people who wear jerseys to games where neither team is playing. It is beyond stupid. You will look like an idiot.

However, is this some kind of thing in New York? Where yankees fans wear their jersey to Mets games and vice versa, just as a rivalry type of thing? If that is the case then it is somewhat acceptable, but other than that it is completely retarded.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    Wearing your yankees jersey is just fking stupid. Major pet peeve of mine is people who wear jerseys to games where neither team is playing. It is beyond stupid. You will look like an idiot.

However, is this some kind of thing in New York? Where yankees fans wear their jersey to Mets games and vice versa, just as a rivalry type of thing? If that is the case then it is somewhat acceptable, but other than that it is completely retarded.
    Maybe he just wants free beer.....
    Poured on top of his head

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

There's no rivalry. The Mets have been irrelevant for the better part of 20 years.

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Tough game...I think it will be much harder then you think for the A's...cross country trip...I'll be watching the line to see what happens, but I will either be playing Mets or nada...Best of luck!

OMGRandyJackson

Then is fking stupid. End of story. Grow up and buy a mets shirt or GTFO and wear a plain shirt.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough game because both starters are capable of holding down both teams but when the starters leave the game the athletics have a huge edge over the mets with their bullpen. So if the mets wanna win this game today they will need to tag kazmir early and try to have a lead by a couple runs because their bullpen is very unreliable and the athletics are capable of making comebacks especially against a bullpen like the mets. Colon & kazmir are both having very good seasons.....

OMGRandyJackson

This game seems like a no play to me. You have two pitchers who have been very good and are due for some regression eventually. You have the mets whose offensive is normally not that good. You have Oakland whose offense can be nothing some days and amazing others. Oakland can put up numbers vs the very best pitchers put can also put up nothing vs mediocre hurlers. Then you got the wind blowing straight out to left field at 14mph.

I honestly think the play is a no play. If someone put a gun to my head and said pick, Id put a small play on the Mets to get Colon at +money and hope he hangs in and they tag Kazmir for a pair of runs.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah game looks like a toss up...