joseph0228
    joseph0228's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Question Regarding Baseball in Bovada

Hopefully someone can enlighten me ...

I started an account with Bovada a little over a week ago, my first adventure in online gambling, with the sole intent of betting on sports. I've been doing fairly well so far betting on individual games, so the other day I decided to bet on a series win.

My bet was for Atlanta over Philadelphia. I see that Bovada only includes the first three games in a four game series, which makes sense to ensure there isn't a split. But after the Braves winning Games One and Two, I checked my account this morning and have yet to have my bet placed there, with the series bet still considered an open bet. Is Bovada going to simply wait until game three is over before I get the money in my account? Surely the site doesn't consider a series win to be three of three?

bigben1985
    bigben1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

One problem may be that Atlanta isn't playing Philadelphia.

PapaDBets
    PapaDBets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by joseph0228 View Post
    Hopefully someone can enlighten me ...

I started an account with Bovada a little over a week ago, my first adventure in online gambling, with the sole intent of betting on sports. I've been doing fairly well so far betting on individual games, so the other day I decided to bet on a series win.

My bet was for Atlanta over Philadelphia. I see that Bovada only includes the first three games in a four game series, which makes sense to ensure there isn't a split. But after the Braves winning Games One and Two, I checked my account this morning and have yet to have my bet placed there, with the series bet still considered an open bet. Is Bovada going to simply wait until game three is over before I get the money in my account? Surely the site doesn't consider a series win to be three of three?
    You hit the nail on the head. They're just waiting until game 3 is over. You only need to win 2/3 games to win a series bet but they won't pay it out until the series is completed.

joseph0228

Um ... yes, they are. Game three of four is tonight.

joseph0228

Thanks, Papa. I was 99% sure that was the case but wanted some clarification before placing any more bets today.

joseph0228

Wow ... forgive me, Ben. Forgive me twice. I was talking about St. Louis playing the Philly while I was writing that and they somehow slipped in. Yeah, if I had bet on the Braves beating the Phillies I wouldn't be in very good shape.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by PapaDBets View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. They're just waiting until game 3 is over. You only need to win 2/3 games to win a series bet but they won't pay it out until the series is completed.
    My book actually pays it off once it becomes academic. If your book does the same then u should have been paid by now??

joseph0228

I guess I'll find out in a few hours.