posey
    posey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

Leans for today, FRI 2014-06-20

It's weekend and I have some time to contribute to the forums.

Possible picks for me today including lines and reasoning:
    1) PIT @ CHC, PIT ML -125
    Morton 4-0 in his last 4 against the Cubs, Jackson 0-3 in his last 3 against the Pirates, Jackson much better at home than on the road but Pirates offense doing well lately.
    2) BAL @ NYY, u 8.5, -111
    Yankees 3.5 r/g over the last 19, Orioles 3.2 r/g over the last 13, Orioles BP .53 GB% over the last 14 days (maybe a bonus @ Yankees Stadium), Kuroda far from good at home, but Orioles average only 2.9 r/g against the Yanks when Kuroda starts, Jimenez has been either very solid or quite bad against the Yankees over his career, but shows much better away numbers than home numbers this year.
    3) ATL @ WSH, o 7, +105
    Strasburg with problems against the Braves throughout his career, Minor with problems against the Nats throughout his career, Minor with bad outings lately, Nats with 4.6 r/g when facing a leftie starter, Braves with 4.8 r/g over their last 13 games against righthanded starters.
    4) HOU @ TBR, TBR -1.5 RL, +126
    Rays are 8-3 against the Astros since 2013, in the last 2 against the Rays the Astros didn't score one single run, Rays seem to get back on track, while the Astros have lost 4 in a row, Price is 3-1 against the Astros and the Astros average only 2.8 r/g against the Rays when Price starts, Price with a league best 12.1 K/BB, Cosart 2-0 against the Rays over his career, but allowed 26 baserunners in his last 3 starts and has mediocre away stats at best.
    5) TOR @ CIN, CIN -1.5 RL, +150
    Blue Jays cooled off significantly, starter Hendriks with a nice ERA out of 2 starts but sabermetrics suggest trouble as do his career stats, Blue Jays average 3.5 r/g over their last 6, while the Reds average 7.5 r/g over their last 6, Reds are 26-8 in Latos home starts and Latos pitched very well in his single start this season after coming back from injury.
    6) SEA @ KCR u 3.5 F5, +101
    Two studs on the mound, this is my main reason for this one.
    7) LAD @ SDP, LAD ML, -100
    Kennedy's teams are 0-4 in his last 4 starts against the Dodgers, Haren held the Padres to 1 run in his first start against them this season, Padres with a negative home record, Dodgers with one of the best road stats in the whole league, Padres average 2.7 r/g over their last 7, Dodgers average 4.6 over their last 7, Dodgers are 11-6 in away games against division rivals in '14, Padres are 5-8 against the Dodgers at home since 2013, Padres won 2 in a row but are 3-7 L10, Dodgers have won 3 in a row and are 7-3 L10.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Appreciate the work and I'm also in the Lean Stage.
    GL