brewski
    brewski's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cubs totals being posted late?

I was just wondering if anyone knows why the totals (and RLs) for cubs games are frequently posted much later than the ml and other games. They're the only team that I've noticed this with. Thanks.

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Due to weather in Chicago being so unpredictable. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong bug I think that's why.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by mohye1980 View Post
    Due to weather in Chicago being so unpredictable. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong bug I think that's why.
    Correct, I think it mostly has to do with the winds and whatever direction they are blowing.

brewski

Thanks for the responses. It seems like if that was the reason we would also see that with the Sox. I'm also pretty confident that I've seen that happen on cubs away games, but I could be wrong.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet NO score in the first.

Both SP's know this is gonna be a hitters day. The hitters do as well. They may be swinging off their heels early. I think it will be a pitchers advantage (if any) early. Day game might make the players mind and body take an inning or two to get into the swing of things. A veteran like Jackson, as bad as he's been vs Pitt this year, will adjust. Or at least try to. Morton found something recently. I don't think that'll change at least early.

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by brewski View Post
    Thanks for the responses. It seems like if that was the reason we would also see that with the Sox. I'm also pretty confident that I've seen that happen on cubs away games, but I could be wrong.
    It IS (obviously) the reason. There's also a reason you see it for wrigley games and not US Cellular. If you can't figure it out on your own you're not very smart and shouldn't be trying to grind sports betting.

I/O

This game is a VERY GOOD lesson for all. Wind was blowing lightly out. Balls were sailing out in BP. JUST BEFORE the game starts, it shifts and is now blowing in! It could switch back or maybe now. The players are even having trouble.

I/O

And the books even caught this

Live Line total dropped to 7 in a heartbeat

I/O

Both pitchers have hits early in this one, yet there is no score!

I/O

Now in this day game at Wrigley, mid afternoon start, the shadows come into play for a chunk of the game

brewski

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    I bet NO score in the first.

Both SP's know this is gonna be a hitters day. The hitters do as well. They may be swinging off their heels early. I think it will be a pitchers advantage (if any) early. Day game might make the players mind and body take an inning or two to get into the swing of things. A veteran like Jackson, as bad as he's been vs Pitt this year, will adjust. Or at least try to. Morton found something recently. I don't think that'll change at least early.
    Good call. I went with over 4 f5.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by brewski View Post
    Good call. I went with over 4 f5.
    Thanks Brewski

At least I didn't receive an "infraction" for that post

brewski

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    It IS (obviously) the reason. There's also a reason you see it for wrigley games and not US Cellular. If you can't figure it out on your own you're not very smart and shouldn't be trying to grind sports betting.
    Lol. The guys in the no run 1st thread were absolutely right about you. Maybe I missed something here and I'll concede that. However, I would bet my life, that all things considered, your intelligence is on a considerably lower level than myself and that's okay. The only person I've ever met that I consider on the same intellectual plane as myself is my father, so it's mostly genetics. Although my upbringing surely contributed as well. Most of the time I actually feel that my intelligence is a curse more than a blessing, so consider yourself lucky. It's frustrating to be completely surrounded by morons like yourself day in and day out. Also, I'm doing just fine on my betting, thanks.

I know I shouldn't have dignified your response with one of my own but I simply couldn't help myself. I'm fully prepared for whatever absurd response you can come up with. That's one thing about unintelligent people, the majority are completely oblivious to how stupid they are and I expect nothing less from yourself.

brewski

Lol. I too had noticed Morton being a little better than his usual self recently and that was the main thing that made me layoff the cubs.