onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

No surprise, Lidge demoted.

It was just a matter of time and blown saves. Dan Wheeler takes over the Closing duties for the Houston Astros. Brad Lidge will do some of the middle relief work. I see him on another team sooner then later, that could be a good thing for him.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i actually think middle relief is besat for lidge
    not as much pressure

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr.Austin, I think mop up duty is the best thing for him right now. I personally couldn't put that guy into a game when the game is tied or only down a run, because he'll blow the Astros in that too.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

The fact Garner brought him in for the 9th inning of a game in which the Astros trailed 5-0 on Sunday should've been the tip-off that he'd already been demoted. But the media and those who blindly follow the talking heads for their news needed an official announcement from Scrap Iron, I guess.

If the Astros had listened to all of the armchair managers around the country, Lidge would've been simply released at some point last year. Wheeler also would've been released last week right after Qualls was released, meaning Rick White or Trever Miller would be the closer now. This is why fans simply root for their teams and people who actually have some knowledge of the game manage it.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Mr.Austin, I think mop up duty is the best thing for him right now.
    Not even critical innings of middle relief?