brewski
    brewski's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it normal to get screwed this frequently?

Well I've only been betting since the NCAA tourny so i'm pretty new and haven't ever followed baseball until now so the sample size is small, but i'm just wondering if you guys think i can expect this for the future or if it will ever balance out somewhat. Also for the veterans out there, are we just seeing more blown saves than normal?

I've been making my own picks for about a month and a half and have gotten screwed 33 times and caught breaks 14 times. (14-3 so far in June) My definition of screwed or breaks is to win or lose a play in the last inning (5th or 9th) when the game is not tied. I can live with losing a tied game. This also includes totals won or lost in the last inning. This doesnt include things like 6 runs in an inning with 2 outs after 2 errors or similar (unless it's the last inning).

For some context, I do make a lot of plays, my May plus a few days of April record was 216-187-16, 53.6%. 21u. Nothing to brag about but I was happy with it for my first month and would be fine with 21u every month. June not so good so far. 65-62-3. Sorry the post is so long. Thanks for any input.

Edit: It's more about the ratio than the amount I'm unhappy about. If it was anywhere close to 50/50 I'd be fine, so I guess frequently wasn't the best choice of words.
    Last edited by brewski; 06-10-14 at 12:28 AM.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

thats baseball, 30 teams / 2430 regular season games u are going to get bad beats on an almost daily basis

wait until football season, imo baseball is one of the worst sports to bet

brewski

thanks for the reply. i hope you're right but i've seen a lot of people say baseball is the easiest. i've followed football and college bball forever so i'm hoping i'll do much better.

jgabby
    jgabby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Theoretically it will even out in the long run. That is a very small sample size. As far as more blown saves, that shouldn't influence bad/good breaks to go one way or the other, just that there will be more breaks. Keep your chin up and keep firing bets, your record shows you know what you're doing.

brewski

i appreciate your kind words. i'm just hoping it's not beginner's luck. you're right about the blown saves. they should hopefully balance out eventually. i was just curious.