mavs1978
    mavs1978's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas Rangers

Any thoughts on these guys this year.. this is how i see it.. i think at 9 or 10 to 1 to win the west is a decent shot

rotation- C+

millwood - solid
    padilla- who knows
    mccarthey-promising
    tejada-star in the making
    wright-disaster

if loe or someone else can lock down the 5th spot and either padilla or mccarthey play to their potential this could be the 5th or 6th best rotation in the AL.

bullpen B+

cj wilson-promising young lefty
    mahay-proven crafty lefty
    benoit-nasty stuff coming into his own
    otsuka-top notch
    gagne-just a bonus???

batting B-

young@tex A+++
    blaylock-despertly need his old form back
    sosa-potential bonus
    loften-not confident about him
    wilkerson-bust
    catalanto-solid
    kinsler-superstar in the making
    laird-solid

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Honestly, I don't think they have any realistic shot at winning the division. Just can't see them finishing better than 3rd--Oakland and LAA are just much better. As you say, their starting pitching is average--Millwood is far from an ace, particularly on a team that hopes to contend for the postseason. Their rotation just can't compete with the Angels or A's starters.

The offense is pretty solid, but it's not as good as it has been in the past. Young and Teixeira are great, but after them, there isn't anything special. I don't know what has happened to Hank Blalock. A couple years ago, he was on the verge of being the best 3B in the game, but he has regressed considerably. Kinlser looks like he will be very good, but I don't think he's there quite yet. Also, I think the Rangers may have the worst outfield in all of baseball. Wilkerson, Lofton, and Sosa as a starting OF is just embarrassing.

mavs1978

lol.. that is one sad outfield

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know, I think Texas has a much better chance of finishing in last than first. 10-1? I don't particularly like it, there may be some value there but not much if there is any at all. They'll win some games, but I think they'd have to have all 4 of their top starters have to have good years for them to win the division.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Texas has had a winning record in like 8 years. Needless to say I feel you have overvalued there skills this year.

mavs1978

thet actually won 89 game in 04 when they had the best bullpen in baseball.. the bullpen is stronger than you think and the rotation COULD be solid.. if it is they will contend.. i realize that is a big if

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

4-1 is about right. 10-1 is stealing.

mavs1978

ricky steve... 9-1 on texas in the west as we speak

mavs1978

sorry... at matchbook