konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Verlander is just an avg pitcher now at best

Been saying it for 2 years now the guy is always over priced and basically he is just an average pitcher now.
    If he continues to decline he wont even be that. Beware laying big money on this over priced stain.
    When he does make it to the 7th inning he wilts
    He has only given up less than 3 runs once in the last 8 games
    All his stats are declining sharply.

I have a lot of money and betpoints on Dickey over Verlander in wins for the year again this year
    Dickey has been horrid but hope the hot weather he can run a streak again like last year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

flying lotus
    flying lotus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 844

He gave up a 2 run shot as I was reading this.... how ironic..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tired arm
    too many innings
    he is not a play anymore

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

3 easy bombs after a rally LOL

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

well he's got to pitch now. he needs to go ask buerle or colon, or the myriad of other guys about locating pitches and having more movement on pitches.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    well he's got to pitch now. he needs to go ask buerle or colon, or the myriad of other guys about locating pitches and having more movement on pitches.
    Add cc to that list of Aces who need to re-learn how to pitch as they decline in stuff

posey
    posey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

That won't help him. Verlander has always been relying on his big fastball. This fastball is still faster than the average fastball, but compared to his previous years it's a joke. He doesn't get anybody to strikeout with this pitch anymore. This guy has pitched too many innings over the course of his career to achieve to keep up his numbers. Sabathia is more or less similar.

On the other side you have guys like Buehrle and Colon who NEVER have been guys with a lightning fastball. They always have been control pitchers.

TwoWays

guy still throws mid to high 90's, so an adjustment would still make him pretty much un-hittable.

posey

guy still throws mid to high 90's, so an adjustment would still make him pretty much un-hittable.
    Nope. He throws 92-95, more about 93. What should he adjust? 93 is something different than 97-98. With his loss in fastball velocity his changeup has suffered, which was more or less a premier pitch from 2009-2011. Right when his fastball velocity started to drop in 2012 his changeup got hit more. Since last season his curveball has gotten worse, too. His only above average pitch this season has been his slider from time to time. His arm is tired and he feels it. He already felt it last year. Walks and LOB% up, Ks down.
    Last edited by posey; 06-05-14 at 02:27 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

His line is very overvalued also please take note

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

He's not hungry anymore

6 time all star, 2 no hitters, league mvp, Cy Young winner, triple crown winner

Guy has already made his millions and got to do whatever whenever to Kate Upton

What else is there?

Sure, team related goals like World Series but he knows it won't happen with this team

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    He's not hungry anymore

6 time all star, 2 no hitters, league mvp, Cy Young winner, triple crown winner

Guy has already made his millions and got to do whatever whenever to Kate Upton

What else is there?

Sure, team related goals like World Series but he knows it won't happen with this team
    Nothing really wrong with the Tigers as a team they are in 1st by 3 still have a decent shot at ws
    The only difference is Verlander should be the 3 or 4 man on that staff going into the playoffs not the ace.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

he got the money ,now hes just avg.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

You guys talking about how hungry he needs to be... etc. That's not the issue... it's

KATE UPTON

You think it's that easy just to date a high caliber chick? Girl is probably playing mind games with him. Clearly that's what the issue is.

​She will probably leave him... and his career will hit rock bottom.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

U guys hit on the Key to all this. U can tell the dude has no more legs. Pitcher needs his legs like a fighter does. He will need to drop her for them to get back in it n revive his career. Otherwise, he can retire in which case she will drop him. Then he can unretired.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You guys talking about how hungry he needs to be... etc. That's not the issue... it's

KATE UPTON

You think it's that easy just to date a high caliber chick? Girl is probably playing mind games with him. Clearly that's what the issue is.

​She will probably leave him... and his career will hit rock bottom.
    Was just going to post this. She fvcked him up good. I hear she's dating someone else now. He looks like he's a mess mentally.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Kate Upton isn't that big of a problem when your fastball doesn't move at all. At 96 mph with no movement even fatman navarro can turn on a fastball for a line drive at the gap

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Kate Upton isn't that big of a problem when your fastball doesn't move at all. At 96 mph with no movement even fatman navarro can turn on a fastball for a line drive at the gap
    He has no feel for location or placement right now. He can't hit his spots at all. Plus he looks like a zombie out there.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    He has no feel for location or placement right now. He can't hit his spots at all. Plus he looks like a zombie out there.
    His SO% dropped A LOT from last year. Every pitch seems a struggle and he just isn't missing bats.

It's really concerning for the Tigers.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by posey View Post
    That won't help him. Verlander has always been relying on his big fastball. This fastball is still faster than the average fastball, but compared to his previous years it's a joke. He doesn't get anybody to strikeout with this pitch anymore. This guy has pitched too many innings over the course of his career to achieve to keep up his numbers. Sabathia is more or less similar.

On the other side you have guys like Buehrle and Colon who NEVER have been guys with a lightning fastball. They always have been control pitchers.
    Colon threw triple digits in the 90s, stick a gun in your mouth u fvckng loser.

TwoWays

I'm watching Kevin correjea pitch, this might be verlanders path if he doesn't get more movement on his pitches. Correjea throws straight as an arrow fast balls at around 90 mph and lobs up curve balls, all which get rocked consistently

posey

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    Colon threw triple digits in the 90s, stick a gun in your mouth u fvckng loser.
    Thx for your kind reply, I love you, too. Caring about 1997 in 2014 isn't what I am doing in general. If you like to - feel free to do so. Colon sucks since about 2004. After that he got in two very solid years for the Athletics. Besides that his numbers were average to below average. Now he doesn't pitch in the Coliseum anymore and boom his ERA is back to the numbers he had before pitching for the As.
    Maybe you want to give Verlander the hint that he should pitch for the As, too, to 'reinvent' his career? In normal parks which aren't too spacious, Colon is nothing but an average pitcher.
    If that will be the route Verlander should take, then he is already on the right track.
    Last edited by posey; 06-06-14 at 02:31 AM.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    When you fall head over heels for a chick... you lose everything. I was so in love with a girl once... couldn't stop thinking about her. Was playing a league softball game.... I hit it over the center fielder's head... I didn't even leave the batters box... my team was screaming to run run run run. The worse game of my life. I know it's only softball... but chicks can fuk you over man. Mind games. I didn't even want to be there.

Verlander is out of Upton's league. Upton can date whoever she wants. Guys are blowing up her cell now with their coks hanging out.

I honestly knew this was going to happen to him. Verlander's life was PERFECT WITHOUT HER.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

You can blame Leyland for this. Surprised it wasn't mentioned yet

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Somewhat ironically Kate Upton's ability to model seems to have only gotten better.

TwoWays

Buerle can pitch. Colon carves the strike zone up consistently with movement. Verlander could learn a lot from these two guys.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    When you fall head over heels for a chick... you lose everything. I was so in love with a girl once... couldn't stop thinking about her. Was playing a league softball game.... I hit it over the center fielder's head... I didn't even leave the batters box... my team was screaming to run run run run. The worse game of my life. I know it's only softball... but chicks can fuk you over man. Mind games. I didn't even want to be there.

Verlander is out of Upton's league. Upton can date whoever she wants. Guys are blowing up her cell now with their coks hanging out.

I honestly knew this was going to happen to him. Verlander's life was PERFECT WITHOUT HER.
    WTF one of your team mates should have kicked you right in your crunt
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

they left Verlander in for 130 pitches lol 7-1now all charged to him
    They came out to get him he said no lol then gave up 4 more

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Been saying it for 2 years now the guy is always over priced and basically he is just an average pitcher now.
    If he continues to decline he wont even be that. Beware laying big money on this over priced stain.
    When he does make it to the 7th inning he wilts
    He has only given up less than 3 runs once in the last 8 games
    All his stats are declining sharply.

I have a lot of money and betpoints on Dickey over Verlander in wins for the year again this year
    Dickey has been horrid but hope the hot weather he can run a streak again like last year.
    in the playoffs he turns it on.

Regular season the Tigers are on cruise control. Verlander just goes through the motion

TwoWays

he needs an apprenticeship with bartolo colon

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

U guys saying it's over Kate upton lmao. Fucken millionaire young athlete, yea ok. Truth is dude was prolly on roids and got off of it when shit got hot. Verlander can penetrate way hotter chicks than Kate. Stop using that as a excuse

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

he needs an apprenticeship with bartolo colon
    Tigers should sign Bartolo.

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    U guys saying it's over Kate upton lmao. Fucken millionaire young athlete, yea ok. Truth is dude was prolly on roids and got off of it when shit got hot. Verlander can penetrate way hotter chicks than Kate. Stop using that as a excuse
    this is true. the people saying it are just in desperate need of companionship.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    in the playoffs he turns it on.

Regular season the Tigers are on cruise control. Verlander just goes through the motion
    Its not going to be turned on this year bud

123 Last