rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

I've realized today betting baseball is pointless

Done with this Fukin sport.. No lead is to big no lead is to small one swing changes everything one inning changes everything one scrub pitcher changes everything.. No matter the team or odds every game is truly 50/50. I've lost 4 games in a row each by 1 run... Mixed in with bad coaching, bad calls, and bad decisions... Owell. Done betting baseball

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91 View Post
    Done with this Fukin sport.. No lead is to big no lead is to small one swing changes everything one inning changes everything one scrub pitcher changes everything.. No matter the team or odds every game is truly 50/50. I've lost 4 games in a row each by 1 run... Mixed in with bad coaching, bad calls, and bad decisions... Owell. Done betting baseball
    Then why bet favorites?? If you just bet dogs & games r 50/50 you wouldnt have this problem

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Quote Originally Posted by rnunez91 View Post
    when betting baseball you must anticipate the bullpen, the 7th inning collapse, the 9th inning collapse. etc... avoid parlays.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Too many managers make horrible decisions leaving guys in way too long. Bottom line with 162 games managers play around with leaving pitchers in too long, maturing pitchers for situations, preserving arms, so with so many games they dont have a must win mentality, bet small on this sport, stupod they play so many games. Ill see guys with 2 hitters and the manager taking him out then Ill see a pitcher whose getting rocked yet he's still in the game lol.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Detroit was terrible to watch giving up 9 runs in 4 innings, like literally burning money away.

Derka2014
    Derka2014's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 430

No matter the team or odds every game is truly 50/50. You just figured out baseball is 50/50? I figured that out when every game the odds were basically even, its just a dude hitting a ball. Anyone can do that. They all just swing at a ball. It's boring as shit too watch too. I perfer watching NBA games or NHL, at least hockey has a goalie and it's back and forth and penalties. MLB definately isnt easy money, nothing is - that's why its called gambling. Alot of people on this forum lose and they follow baseball religiously. Bet because it makes the games more interesting to watch, not because you want to win your next months rent in one night cause when it doesn't come your more stressed out.

I've only been betting MLB for a week now, i've won afew two or three team parlays here and there.

I won the marlins and texas rangers on a parlay today and doubled my money but even that was a nail biter to the end when the marlins won by 1 run.

Baseball is the most inconsistent sport next to horse racing... Cant wait until Saturday and Sundays are back to having NHL and NBA games on the same night so I can parlay those. Way easier to call.
    Last edited by Derka2014; 05-22-14 at 11:57 PM.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

It took me awhile to figure out baseball, but I finally found something that works for me.

I bet 3 team parlays where each team is getting 2.5+ runs. I did some backtesting, and you wouldnt believe how good some pitchers are when getting 2.5+ runs.

Chris Tillman is 41-2 in his last 43 starts at 2.5+ runs.
    Zach Greinke is 37-4.
    Mike Leake is 34-6.

I have a list of about 30 pitchers that I pick from to play each day who've been historically good at keeping their teams within 2.5+ runs. If a pitcher on my lists loses 2 straight 2.5+ runs, then its an automatic to take him that next start. Very rare does a good pitcher lose 3 straight blow out starts.

Usually a 3 team parlay at 2.5+ runs per team will yield even to better than even money. Plus the top teams in the league (As, Giants, Cardinals) have all been around 80% winners at 2.5+ runs no matter who pitches for them. I cant pick winners at all, but this method I like. Its also more enjoyable because it feels like you have a lead every game. I like picking road teams as well in this method bc a road really only needs to be within 2.5 runs the first 8 innings. If you win the first 8 innings, its usually cashed because the only way you can lose after 8 innings is if the home team you bet against hits a walk off 3 run homer or grand slam. Another rare occurrence.

My main problem is just learning money mgmt. Thats the real trial and error process for myself. Figuring out how to steadily grow without being too reactionary over losses. I fall into the chasing or Martingale trap too often. Gotta be more disciplined.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 05-23-14 at 12:35 AM.