Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

What I Love About AAA Baseball Games

I live in the Nashville area, and am a big Astros fan. Their AAA affiliate, Oklahoma City Redhawks, were in town. I got front row seats, right behind the Redhawks bullpen the night before the game. My daughter got her picture taken with three of their players, a former and soon to be Astro again,Robbie Grossman, and 2 of their future stars Domingo Santana, and Jonathon Singleton. Several of the players signed my daughter's baseball.

There is not a player that I'm rooting for more than Robbie Grossman. He started the season as the Astros left fielder, but because of a slump, was sent down. He could have had an attitude about it, and thought he was above talking to the fans, but he was completely the opposite. We are both from the Houston area, and he took several minutes talking to me about his old stomping grounds. Nothing, but class.

What a great day! I can't wait to see some of these guys take the mantle of the parent club, and change our fortunes around. Today I remembered why I was a fan, and I think my daughter became an even bigger one today also.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sweethook

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We live next door to Gwinnett Braves. We watched Freddie Freeman and other future Braves stats all the time. Great atmosphere. Cheap beer and food and no traffic.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I got to alot of way way lower minor league games every year. There are tons of lower level teams around Chicago but as of right now I can't think of any high minor league teams other than the Cubs that are close enough to go watch.

I was a big Robbie Grossman fan as he came through the Pirates system. Hope to see him get back to the MLB level

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO

You went to Greer Stadium. Used to play there in college. One of the worst AAA ballparks around

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    You went to Greer Stadium. Used to play there in college. One of the worst AAA ballparks around
    Yeah, Nashville will have their new ballpark opened next year. Place was a ghost town today. If it wasn't for a little league baseball promotion, it would have been really bad. My seat, on the front row, was rocking back and forth, along with the 5 seats next to it. Luckily, it was just me and my daughter on that row. It was a AA park, that they never were successful in transforming into a AAA ONE.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Paver so your house is right next to the field do you border the first baseline the outfield or the third baseline or behind home plate??

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    We live next door to Gwinnett Braves. We watched Freddie Freeman and other future Braves stats all the time. Great atmosphere. Cheap beer and food and no traffic.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO

Hey that is good they are getting new stadium. Might have to go visit Nashville again one day

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Paver so your house is right next to the field do you border the first baseline the outfield or the third baseline or behind home plate??
    It's about 3.5 miles southwest of the home plate.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Robbie got called back up today, and is now the starting left fielder again. Here's to hoping he stays put this time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    It's about 3.5 miles southwest of the home plate.
    not bad

very peaceful going to minor leagues games and not expensive

fuk MLB

JBC33
    JBC33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

If you get to Indy, make sure you catch an indianspolis Indians game. Victory Field is a great place to watch baseball & it's cheap!

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Bring up Jon Singleton!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

Attend Buffalo Bison games regularly. Best bang for your buck in sports.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how is that atmosphere at a Las Vegas 51's game?