Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

is this really happening?

Is the yankees pitching staff really being pounded around the ball park right now by the freaking devil rays? Maybe steinbrener should invest in some pitchers instead of all these hitter who cannot even field and have racked up 3 errors already.... ****ing yankees

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Are you really that surprised? Baseball is nothing like NBA or NFL - in baseball the worst team in the league has a pretty good chance of beating the best in the league. And remember that the Yankees rely on their bats rather than the pitching - they had the most runs in MLB last year but their team ERA didn't make the top 10. And it their bats aren't on fire, it's going to be the pitching that kills them.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
    Are you really that surprised? Baseball is nothing like NBA or NFL - in baseball the worst team in the league has a pretty good chance of beating the best in the league. And remember that the Yankees rely on their bats rather than the pitching - they had the most runs in MLB last year but their team ERA didn't make the top 10. And it their bats aren't on fire, it's going to be the pitching that kills them.
    taco has an excellent point. Also, TB was a big thorn in NY's side last year.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

yanks were atrocious in the field tonight...they deserve to lose this game.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This shocked you Dbldown?

Andy Pettitte's numbers pretty much dictated this potentially happening. So needless to say this didn't shock me in the slightest.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

I cant see how this is a shock. The Yankees pen is garbage up to Rivera. Plus the Devil Rays always give the Yankees problems.

The Jeter miscues helped out to. Thank god.

This is why you don't lay that much wood. -330 for Pettitte, give me a break.

tacomax

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    taco has an excellent point. Also, TB was a big thorn in NY's side last year.
    And an even bigger thorn the year before when, if I recall, they had a significant winning record against the Yankees. This is a distinct lesson for anyone who bets on the Yankees based solely on the fact that they have "big bats".

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Taco makes a lot of sense for a change.....laying -300+ in a baseball game is bankroll suicide. This isn't NCAAB where you know Ohio St is going to beat Northwestern at home and such....in baseball, everyone beats everyone. You can't really lay anything greater than -130 to -150 in baseball and expect to win long term.

Thank god I am not betitng bases....just too much work day in and day out.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'm just pissed that the loss wasn't hung on Pettitte.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    I'm just pissed that the loss wasn't hung on Pettitte.
    Still a disgruntled over his leaving Houston uh Willie.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I don't fault any player who goes for a bigger paycheck or goes to a team they think has a bettr shot at getting them to the postseason. Never have, and never will.

However, I don't see any point to take swipes at your former team or the team's location on your way out of town. That is what I'm unhappy about.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Here we go again. Yanks down 1-0

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow the yankees really do have flat out the worst rotation in baseball....i mean this is the freaking baltimore orioles lineup that is absolutely tearing them up for the second straight day. i love it!

ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Devil Rays have always given the Yankees a tough time in the last few years, but if I do recall correctly, it's the Red Sox that usually have problems with the Orioles. This really goes to show the Yankees rotation is flat out garbage. They better hope Wang comes out and pitches Cy Young material, and even then they will need to get someone before the trading dead line, there's no way cash thinks this rotation will hold up. The Orioles are making them looking like this is batting practice. I must say, I enjoy this greatly.

tacomax

With one swing of the bat the Yankees win the game and E-Rod gets the press off his back for a week or two.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had big money on the Yanks run line.

I had wrote of the cash, only to check the scores to see that Arod hit the slam.

That was clutch..

Feels like Christmas in April!!!!!

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
    I had big money on the Yanks run line.

I had wrote of the cash, only to check the scores to see that Arod hit the slam.

That was clutch..

Feels like Christmas in April!!!!!
    A-Rod isn't known as "Mr. April" for nothin
    Last edited by zootiehead; 04-07-07 at 09:10 PM. Reason: typo