CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

5/9 San Francisco @ Los Angeles

San Francisco is trying to end a pretty epic 10 game road series. They went into Atlanta and swept the Braves which left me pretty dumbfounded, im a huge Giants fan. The fact that they took down Teheran was a huge eye opener for me. Then they went into Pittsburgh and in all honesty I feel like they should of swept that series if not atleast taking 2 of 3 of those games. Tim Hudson has been pitching like a psycho maniac and is the coolest pitcher to watch. We only won 1 of 3, but the Giants played really tough baseball against the Pirates so I was ok with that. Then just last night they opened up a 4 game set against the Dodgers with Vogelsong pitching a gem of a game again leaving me dumbfounded and extremely confident the Giants can win the West this year. Vogey has pitched 3 solid games in a row and me and every other Giants fan are getting excited now that he looks to have finally found his stuff.

Bumgarner takes the mound against Maholm tomorrow. Im not sure if URIBE is playing for the Dodgers tomorrow or not, but if he isnt thats a pretty large blow to the Dodgers. I have much respect for all the Dodger starting pitchers. I had a feeling RYU was going to get burned out from having to pick up the slack so much in the early part of the season and it happened. I knew the dude was getting used way to much. Such a shame hes a solid pitcher. Haren and Becket are quality starting pitchers I will say that. I would love to have one of them on the Giants rotation. They have been doing their jobs. Greinke and Kershaw dont really have to say much more, but the Dodgers bullpen blows. I was praying to god Wright would get put in tonight and he did. Look what happened in that scenario. The Dodger bullpen looks better than they really are. The starters make the bullpen look good, but I dont really think Howell, Wilson, Wright, or League are that good. The only bullpen pitcher I like on that team is Jansen.

Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford and Brandon Hicks are playing pretty insane this year for the Giants. Hicks is in replacing Marco Scutaro who is still nursing his back, but boy has Hicks panned out huge. 6 Home runs on the year batting 8th. Ill take that every single day. I love having Hector Sanchez come off the bench to pinch hit or when he's catching giving Posey a break. He is a big game hitter and likes to come through in the clutch for the Giants. Angel Pagan has cooled off, but that is perfectly fine he is still a huge spark plug for the team. Pablo Sandoval is a piece of crap who wants a $100 million dollar contract when he really needs to get sent down to Triple A Fresno. He has hit the ball like 2 times. Jean Machi out of the bullpen leads the majors in Wins this year with a 5-0 record out of the bullpen, he currently makes $505k and is pitching lights out. Michael Morse has been a huge asset to this years team and he has much love in this city right now . As far as offense goes with the batting line up goes the only weak spot is Pablo Sandoval. I would rather have a pitcher at bat then him at bat to tell you the truth. As far as Petit goes I will back that dude every single night. He's a true longman pitcher out of the bullpen and has proved he can start games for the Giants also. Cain is 0-3 right now but I dont really give a shit to tell you the truth I dont think to many Giants fans are really that concerned with him.

Bumgarner is looking for a solid game tomorrow in LA and its going to happen, the big game though is Kershaw vs Hudson on Sunday.

#BeatLA
    Points Awarded:

Mase of Base gave CollegeOverUnder 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice writeup. SF ML tonight. Like the Bumgarner / Maholm faceoff.

Wish the SF LA Sunday night game was the showcased night game on ESPN... instead they've got STL PIT at 8 pm ET. Eh.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post

Wish the SF LA Sunday night game was the showcased night game on ESPN... instead they've got STL PIT at 8 pm ET. Eh.
    I was thinking the same thing the country is gonna be missing to giant pitchers go at it Sunday

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I don't get the low line for Giants here.
    They should beat Dodgers by at least a couple.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    I don't get the low line for Giants here.
    They should beat Dodgers by at least a couple.
    Bumgarner is still finding his rhythmn . I don't really no what offense is going to show up tonight but if you let the giants stay in striking distance and get to the opposing teams bullpen your asking for trouble.
    And the games in LA you still have to give respect to the home field

zackaflacka
    zackaflacka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Giants will take this one MadBum goes 7+ and hits a double

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post

buy the MLB Extra Innings package. If you bet baseball its a must have.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

San Francisco is 5-2 on this road trip currently. Keep in mind even though LA won the West last year the Giants owned the best record in the West last year. This year the Giants have a solid record in the West and are working out out of the division also

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

The giants have got to be the best team to bet on this year. They're so good all around. Solid starting pitching, solid bullpen and timely hitting. Really like this team.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said he wasn't sure which of his outfielders would start Friday night against Giants ace Madison Bumgarner. His options are not very attractive.

For all the buzz about having too many big-name outfielders, their track record against Bumgarner is far from prime time. Carl Crawford is 0-for-3 with a strikeout. Andre Ethier is 3-for-24 with nine strikeouts. Matt Kemp is 4-for-24 with seven strikeouts. Yasiel Puig is 4-for-15 with five strikeouts, while Scott Van Slyke is 2-for-5 with three walks.

Copied out of the mlb article on tonight's game