HappyKane
    HappyKane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3999

05/06/14 mlb info & pitcher ratings + 5-game fade the public chase

0-1 on Monday. 34-34 YTD.

Tuesday' mojo report:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Its going to be 3 straight-up faith plays today -- faith in the mojo. No fundamental handicapper will promptly make recommendations to make bets against a pitcher like Kershaw, another solid hurler in Hudson, and a bet against the best home team in the league.

In the long run, a card like this should be profitable:

Nationals +165
    Pirates +104
    Mets +110

3 bets against the public. They happen to be underdogs because...
    thats the way it is.

Public plays go down in flames everyday in MLB. Just have to hit the spots.

5-GAME CHASE SYSTEM:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

This is my 4th season of compiling and keeping track of the daily sheets. So i have been testing two chase systems for a while: 1) a 3-game anti-sweep chase; 2) a 5-game "fade the public" chase.

I've decided to scrap the anti-sweep. The anti-public plays hit at a much better rate. And you don't have to wait until a series is over to start a new chase. You've seen it and i've said it -- public plays go down in flames every single day.

And personally, i would hate to be on the wrong side of a sweep. Thats a huge wipe-out when you're doubling-down two times.

A majority of the anti-public plays will be underdogs. In which case their is no need to double-down. Unless you're feeling greedy.

I would recommend 1% of bankroll and then a 55%-75% martingale of the first loss in the chase.

A 75% martingale starting with $10 will look something like this:

$10 - $17 - $29 - $51 - $89

Ultimately risking about 20% of bankroll by the 5th try. Versus 30% if doubling-down the 1%.

The martingale can be adjusted according to confidence on the wager and/or inherent value in the line.

Let start. The first of five in Chase 1 is...

Mets +110

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how the fukk do the Pirates have good mojo after a extra inning loss and trotting out a pitcher who is 0-4?

suzie
    suzie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    how the fukk do the Pirates have good mojo after a extra inning loss and trotting out a pitcher who is 0-4?