ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Da $$$'s Thursday Bases

Mostly a streak bettor myself, I try to get on a run, and I press my profits to try to get 300-1000% profit. Sometimes it works, but obviously sometimes I crash and burn which leaves me unable to bet on baseball for a period of time. I am really trying to tighten up a bit, and place 4.5 of my bank roll on each unit, with the highest unit ever being played is three units (still a huge chunk the bank roll) I have a hard time sticking to these patterns, and sometimes it works out just fine. For at least the time being I am going to limit myself to mostly 1 unit plays and see what happens.

Here are my picks for Thursday:

Detroit Tigers -133 1 unit
    Like the Tigers to take two of three in this series, Verlander a strong pitcher showing a 3.5 ERA during April over his career.

Boston Red Sox -1.5 -110 1.5 units
    Not always a big fan of laying -1.5 runs, but it's obviously better to do this with an away team than at home. I think Matsuzaka will come out and have a good outting, going seven innings with three or less runs. With Boston's offence, they are able to win any game in which their starter gives them a quality start and I expect nothing less from DMats.

Parlay:
    .16 Unit Tigers, Red Sox, and Yankees... all ML. Getting just about three to one on this parlay.

Question for some seasoned vets

I stay away with large parlays without question, but have dabbled in the past with pretty decent results. After reading LT Profit's article on parlays, alot of that made sense to me and I am going to be playing some 2-3 team parlays for about .20 units somewhat frequently... what do you guys think of this? What type of parlays do you guys play... .3 a unit..... .2 a unit?

See ya... best of luck everyone.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

ShowMe,

I haven't looked at the Thurday card yet, so I can't comment on the plays.

As for money management, I'd recommend a flat 2.5 percent on every play. I am not a fan of making one play that much stronger than another on any given day, preferring to rely on winning percentage to generate profit rather than hoping to win the larger play. If I honestly feel that one play is that much stonger than another, i would simply pass on the other play. So using your two straight plays for tomorrow as an example, I would just put one unit on Bosox, and forget Tigers.

As for parlays, I NEVER recommend playing more than a two-team parlay, so when I like three games, I play a three-team two-way round robin, not a straight three-team parlay as I think you are implying.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Agree with your Sox play. I will be on the Sox RL as well. I think Matsuzaka has has a lot of value early in the season when he is facing teams for the first time.

Don't have much of an opinion on the Tigers. I would agree Verlander has an edge over Chacin, but I don't like Detroit at that price. Also don't like how their bullpen looks. Other than Zumaya, they look shaky at the back of the pen.

As for your parlay question, I agree 100% with LT. 2 team parlays can be effective, assuming you consistently hit approximately 55% of your bets. Anything more than a 2 teamer, however, the odds are stacked firmly against you. You may win occasionally, but in the long run your bankroll will surely take a hit.
    Last edited by rjt721; 04-05-07 at 12:48 AM.

ShowMeDaMoney

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Agree with your Sox play. I will be on the Sox RL as well. I think Matsuzaka has has a lot of value early in the season when he is facing teams for the first time.

Don't have much of an opinion on the Tigers. I would agree Verlander has an edge over Chacin, but I don't like Detroit at that price. Also don't like how their bullpen looks. Other than Zumaya, they look shaky at the back of the pen.

As for your parlay question, I agree 100% with LT. 2 team parlays can be effective, assuming you consistently hit approximately 55% of your bets. Anything more than a 2 teamer, however, the odds are stacked firmly against you. You may win occasionally, but in the long run your bankroll will surely take a hit.
    Not really a huge fan of laying the runs, but I feel more comfortable laying it on the away team for obvious reasons. I am extremely stoked to see what happens with our future ace tomorrow.... I do believe he will prove to be "worth" the contract he got paid in a market as crazy as this off-season. Absolutely unreal how much average pitchers got paid, just nuts. I expect D-Mats to be a Cy Young Candidate and I also believe Beckett will be quite a bit better this year.

He has already said he is going to lay off his fast ball (which he threw close to 70% of the time when getting behind in the count) and says he has a better grip on his other pitches. Very nice to hear considering his fastball got destroyed at times last year. Anyhow, best of luck all and Chhers!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like the Tigers game was rained out today.

ShowMeDaMoney

Way to go Red Sox. +1.5 units today! =)

ShowMeDaMoney

Adding Yankees over 10 runs scored. Pettitte generally a slow starter, and Yanks bats capable of scoring 11 on their own in some instances.

ShowMeDaMoney

+2.5 Units today... having a good week so far