jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

Early looks for Weds. April 30

Tough card to pick out

Detroit team total over... hector noesi on the mound. Not sure if they'll push hard for the 2 game sweep in Chicago on a getaway afternoon.

Red Sox... team totals or ML: not sure if I can back doubront. However tampa has struggled against lefts on the road, and they have allowed 6+ runs in 5 of their past 6 games. Archer is not a good pitcher.

Orioles, assuming the same matchup vs Morton, I like them again.

Nats vs Houston. I like Zimmer vs the oberholtzer. Nats are among the best vs southpaws early this season.

Rockies vs Arizona. Rockies have been underdogs throughout this series. either they're underrated or arizona is overrated. Will the rockies go for the sweep or take it easy in the third game.

Angels ML. Whenever a left goes up against the Indians, it's a good matchup. Also, Mcalister's numbers are not good vs the angels

Some totals that I like:

Atl-Mia under FF
    Oak-Tex over
    LAD-Min under FF
    Tor-KC under (edit: scratch this game, KC has been screwing me over lately and the jays bullpen has been horrendous the past week - I'm a Jays fan and I know LOL)
    Last edited by jay89; 04-29-14 at 11:22 PM.

jay89

Add in sf Giants. Padres ending a long road trip vs Hudson. Stults has been terrible

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Nice info dude.
    I forgot about Angels with Wilson...for some reason Indians went from a great lefty - hitting team to a crappy one during the off season.

With you guys on Angels, Nats, O's and Giants.

This card looks too easy today...which is sometimes a bad sign.
    Under in Miami.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jay89 View Post
    Tough card to pick out

Detroit team total over... hector noesi on the mound. Not sure if they'll push hard for the 2 game sweep in Chicago on a getaway afternoon.

Red Sox... team totals or ML: not sure if I can back doubront. However tampa has struggled against lefts on the road, and they have allowed 6+ runs in 5 of their past 6 games. Archer is not a good pitcher.

Orioles, assuming the same matchup vs Morton, I like them again.

Nats vs Houston. I like Zimmer vs the oberholtzer. Nats are among the best vs southpaws early this season.

Rockies vs Arizona. Rockies have been underdogs throughout this series. either they're underrated or arizona is overrated. Will the rockies go for the sweep or take it easy in the third game.

Angels ML. Whenever a left goes up against the Indians, it's a good matchup. Also, Mcalister's numbers are not good vs the angels

Some totals that I like:

Atl-Mia under FF
    Oak-Tex over
    LAD-Min under FF
    Tor-KC under (edit: scratch this game, KC has been screwing me over lately and the jays bullpen has been horrendous the past week - I'm a Jays fan and I know LOL)
    Bro Archer is not a good pitcher?

okay i agree he doesnt pitch as well on the road but he is lights out at home. Fade Archer long term and you will soon realize just how good he is.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

easy card

Giants -1.5 against Padres
    Rockies ML over D-Backs
    Braves/ Marlins under 7
    Royals/ Jays Under whatever ( dont even know what the total is )

as of now i am only on Rockies +100 but i may play those others

RollinDo

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    easy card

Giants -1.5 against Padres
    Rockies ML over D-Backs
    Braves/ Marlins under 7
    Royals/ Jays Under whatever ( dont even know what the total is )

as of now i am only on Rockies +100 but i may play those others
    Parlaying Giants -1 and Nats ML
    Toronto TT Under and Under 7 in Miami.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Fish +105 is my play.
    Good luck with yours

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Parlaying Giants -1 and Nats ML
    Toronto TT Under and Under 7 in Miami.
    Consider throwing in the Reds with that parlay, or Shelby Miller, I can't see Cards getting swept at home.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Consider throwing in the Reds with that parlay, or Shelby Miller, I can't see Cards getting swept at home.
    Yes definitely the Reds will win. Edwin Jackson is going to get lit up.

he will cure the Reds offensive struggles. He is a fly ball pitcher and that ballpark is a launching pad.

jay89

Tb and boston: On the same page as you that he's not good on the road. And he has not so good numbers vs the Sox. The way Tampa has been playing lately, I like the Sox to put up runs tonight. We'll see when game time rolls around

jay89

Detroit was a huge sweat on the team over. From 0 out bases loaded to 2 out.... Good thing vmart walked!

On kc tonight, no Lawrie in the lineup for the Jays, and playing against a bad bullpen.

Looking on the Cin chc over. Bad bullpen, short outings for the starters. O7.5 easy

Washington no Laroche.... No Bryce and no zimm. Can't back this offense at this point.

Couple rain outs too.

jay89

Detroit was a huge sweat on the team over. From 0 out bases loaded to 2 out.... Good thing vmart walked!

On kc tonight, no Lawrie in the lineup for the Jays, and playing against a bad bullpen.

Looking on the Cin chc over. Bad bullpen, short outings for the starters. O7.5 easy

Washington no Laroche.... No Bryce and no zimm. Can't back this offense at this point.

Couple rain outs too.

sometimes it's too easy. but I can't believe I backed the braves and the under in that game... atlanta is just terrible

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Did you just say Atlanta is terrible? Lol must be depressed about the bet bc they have what the second best record in baseball? They do have some woes they will go in offensively, but maybe the bet was terrible.

jay89

Quote Originally Posted by Bbfromgpt View Post
    Did you just say Atlanta is terrible? Lol must be depressed about the bet bc they have what the second best record in baseball? They do have some woes they will go in offensively, but maybe the bet was terrible.
    lol don't take it so personally. yes the bet was terrible, at least it was a smaller play. Missed the fact that eovaldi faced them twice last year and allowed 0 runs. braves just ran into some pitchers that have dominated them

jay89

big bear, should have gone with the rockies, they are looking real good early on vs the dbacks. IMO right now they're the best team in the NL. Their pitching is actually keeping them in games this year. They remind me of the CARDS of the past few years with huge hitting and surprise pitching. Wish I got in on this play.

Royals just got ahead, because francisco was playing the hot corner and lawrie wasnt. here's hoping they hold on...

RollinDo

Nice thread man...good discussion of games earlier.

stevenash

WTF you talking about? Rox were faves on Tues, and the other two gams were pretty much pick 'em
    And why would any team let off the gas after winning the first two games?

stevenash

big bear, should have gone with the rockies, they are looking real good early on vs the dbacks. IMO right now they're the best team in the NL. Their pitching is actually keeping them in games this year. They remind me of the CARDS of the past few years with huge hitting and surprise pitching.
    Are you for real dude?
    Rockies pitching is 13th out of 15 in the NL.
    They have the worst K ratio in the NL.
    The only reason why they are winning games is because of their run support.
    Their run support is ranked fourth, without all that hitting, they have seven wins so far.

Yeah, the Rox can rake, but to compare them to last years Cards is insane, they don't have anybody that can carry Wainwright's jock, or Lance Lynn, or Shelby Miller or Wacha.

If Chris Carpenter came out of retirement from the Cards he'd be the Rox #2 starter.

Best team in the NL?
    Dude, they are barely the third best team in the NL West.

SF can rake with Pence, and Posey and the rest, and once they get Afeldt back in the pen, their staff will be almost as good as LA

Dodgers are getting Kershaw back this week.

Think before you post fella

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Are you for real dude?
    Rockies pitching is 13th out of 15 in the NL.
    They have the worst K ratio in the NL.
    The only reason why they are winning games is because of their run support.
    Their run support is ranked fourth, without all that hitting, they have seven wins so far.

Yeah, the Rox can rake, but to compare them to last years Cards is insane, they don't have anybody that can carry Wainwright's jock, or Lance Lynn, or Shelby Miller or Wacha.

If Chris Carpenter came out of retirement from the Cards he'd be the Rox #2 starter.

Best team in the NL?
    Dude, they are barely the third best team in the NL West.

SF can rake with Pence, and Posey and the rest, and once they get Afeldt back in the pen, their staff will be almost as good as LA

Dodgers are getting Kershaw back this week.

Think before you post fella
    If the Rockies could solidify their bullpen they would no doubt be the best team in the NL.

That line-up will be scary good when Cuddyer gets back and Arenado heats up.

jay89

Won't be baited into an argument lol, I make my bets, I win, I'm happy. No need to go after other bettors. I'm voicing my opinion here. And look at the Rockies last night, I laid off that bet because it didn't feel right for the reasons I mentioned above. They scored 4 then faded the rest of the night.

Take care buddy

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Rockies were up 4-2 going into the 9th.

They def should have won.