Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Baseball Weather Data

I know these seem like tedious items...but I use them as "quick" looks when I picking a game:

Someone asked the other day about it...sorry couldn't find where to dump the link...but this is what I use when I'm trying to research whether to go Over/Under on a total and looking at stadiums and potential weather/wind etc.

http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl

Most will notice that tonight's White Sox game the wind potentially might be blowing straight in from Center...and also out in St Louis

Also for anyone who's ever had questions about how baseball stadiums are oriented North-to-South...there is a rule in baseball about how MLB "desires" a stadium is set up....but there is no "definite" mandate...here's a link with all of the stadiums and how they are set...and the rule if you ever wondered:
    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/stad..._NSEW_NL.shtml

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

if you bet on the tb-cws game based on weather tonight, it wasn't a smart idea. imo wind is a factor if it's +20 mph and it would have to be consistent, not just gusts. but wind won't help two bad pitchers pitching against each other

StevenAdams
    StevenAdams's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks - these are really useful for totals

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

never phukkin heard of ya pal

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good work Sanchez this type of info could never hurt in making a decision regarding a bet

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jay89 View Post
    if you bet on the tb-cws game based on weather tonight, it wasn't a smart idea. imo wind is a factor if it's +20 mph and it would have to be consistent, not just gusts. but wind won't help two bad pitchers pitching against each other
    think crosswind would be a factor