EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's Astros Daily Pick (1-1 [-1.10])

Good news, won yesterday's bet. Bad news, the Astros bullpen SUCKS! Wheeler is the new goat as Houston blows another late lead, losing 3-2 to PIT. The offense is still M.I.A. as well.

WED, APRIL 4th (8:05 pm EDT)
    Tom Gorzellany vs. Woody Williams
    All signs in this one point to the Astros picking up their first win although it might take a complete game to do so! Gorzellany is 0-3 win an ERA over 5 in his three starts versus Houston, although he did pitch well in his one start at Minute Maid. Woody Williams meanwhile has owned the Pirates during his career going 7-2 in 13 career starts with a 3.52 ERA. He has also pitched very well at Minute Maid Park during his career with STL & SD going 9-3 with a 4.42 ERA in 13 career starts.

Pick: Astros -160

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

How 'bout that Houston bullpen?

Good luck, EP. I really like the 'Stros to put one in the win column today as well, but just can't pay that price.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree Mr.Eaglesphan. I do like the Bucs today, but I passed.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeebus this looks like it's gonna be a long season. PIT sweeps HOU with a 5-4 win tonight. Defense blows. Offense blows. Pitching blows. At least we can't blame Phil Garner for anything ... yet.

Be back on Friday with the next pick. Stros off thankfully on Thurs.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

No Kidding eaglesphan. It's hard to believe they got swept by the Bucs. I would have thought Oswalt would have at least won the opening game of that series, but Lidge blew that one.