gamblingisfun
    I'm a 'handicapper'...
    gamblingisfun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8632

I'm beating the line, but getting killed... Frustrating MLB

Starting off 23-30-7 isn't ideal. I'm beating the closer by 10+ cents, and beating it 58% of the time. Small sample size though and it's a long season so hopefully things turn around.

Jcole94
    Jcole94's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by gamblingisfun View Post
    Starting off 23-30-7 isn't ideal. I'm beating the closer by 10+ cents, and beating it 58% of the time. Small sample size though and it's a long season so hopefully things turn around.
    Very small sample size. And beating the closer by 10 cents is not so big.
    If you can beat it by 20 cents, you may get better results but I suggest to make a evaluation after 200-300 plays.

And remember, if you even beat the pinny closer, still you will have losing weeks and losing months. But profit over long haul is guarateed %100.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    If you can beat it by 20 cents, you may get better results but I suggest to make a evaluation after 200-300 plays.

And remember, if you even beat the pinny closer, still you will have losing weeks and losing months. But profit over long haul is guarateed %100.
    respect you Sawyer, but I saw Stevie Y get killed last year, Buffet gambler did well, though

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by gamblingisfun View Post
    beating the closer means absolutely nothing.

gamblingisfun
    I'm a 'handicapper'...
    gamblingisfun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8632

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

When measuring how much I beat the closer should I be using all bets I made or just the ones where I did beat it? Example I make 4 bets, and beat the closer by 15 cents on 3 of them and lose by 15 cents on the fourth, did I beat the closer by 15 cents or should I take the average of the results of all bets to include the ones where I didn't beat it ((15+15+15-15)/4)=7.5?