SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bunting!!!

I'm sure this has been discussed before in the threads before, but how can Major League baseball players be so awful at bunting.

Today already (in one game), there have been at least three failed bunt attempts; twice by Eovaldi, once by Hecharavia (I probably butchered that, apologies).

To me, it is such a vital aspect of the game, being able to move runners over and putting pressure on the defense to make a play and sometimes be in unusual positioning.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Welcome to the "Moneyball" era -- Beane deciding bunting was useless, proved it through advanced stats, and now no one does it (or can do it) anymore. It's a joke and essential to winning games, as it has been for over a century. I think teams are really missing the point by following the herd and dropping the bunt from their strategy, but what do I know?

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Why not do some practice drills? I don't get it. Eovaldi is a pitcher fine, give him a pass, but hechavarria's was simply pathetic. no bullshit what so ever my sister would have layed down a better bunt.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

why cant pitchers hit

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Welcome to the "Moneyball" era -- Beane deciding bunting was useless, proved it through advanced stats, and now no one does it (or can do it) anymore. It's a joke and essential to winning games, as it has been for over a century. I think teams are really missing the point by following the herd and dropping the bunt from their strategy, but what do I know?
    Absolutely right. Bunting is vital to winning ball game.