No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Arguably the two best pitchers in baseball square off tonight in Texas

Seattle (Felix) at Texas (Darvish).

Thoughts?

thericker7
    thericker7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

I agree with you NC, but it's hard to go against Darvish. With Darvish, I think the Rangers have the upper hand. That is where my money will be.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

whats the temperature /wind situation?

its cold as balls where i'm at . If its cold in Texas i would consider the under.

As far as a side. Gotta roll with the Rangers with Darvish pitching on his home mound.

King Felix had never won his first 4 games of the season before.

Choo and Fielder may cause some problems for King Felix.

Gotta roll with Darvish as you won't see him as cheap as -120 at home again this season.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

No run first inning

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    No run first inning
    careful man i know it sounds easy but that first inning is usually the only time a good pitcher will struggle.

once they find their groove its usually lights out with the elite pitchers.

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

over. cuz it makes no sense.

ragman
    ragman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Should be a good game tonight.

In his career, Felix has a W-L record of 12-20. But, I don't know about the Rangers offense. They've been kind of stagnant lately.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    careful man i know it sounds easy but that first inning is usually the only time a good pitcher will struggle.

once they find their groove its usually lights out with the elite pitchers.

-Rangers top 5 hitters have a career .238 average vs Felix with a total of 18 rbi and 2 hrs in 155 plate appearances. Beltre being out of the lineup is a huge plus, as he has hit Felix well throughout his career.

-Of the Mariners top 5 hitters, one two have faced Darvish. Cano has hit .333 vs him in 9 at bats (3 hits). 0 rbi and 0 hrs. Other then him, only Miller has seen Darvish, and is 0-4 vs him. None of the other 3 have seen Darvish, which is a positive.

-Rangers are ranked 28th in baseball with .21 runs scored per first inning. They have not scored a first inning run in 3 straight games.

-Mariners are ranked 26th in baseball with .23 runs scored per first inning. They have not scored a first inning run in 3 straight games.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Darvish's success has come at the expense of two of the weakest offensive teams in the league in TB & HOU, whereas Felix has shut down OAK x2 & LAA. Much more impressive, I would say. Also, Texas has given Darvish 2 runs per game of support, compared to 6.3 for Felix from the Mariners. Seattle's offense looks weak on paper, but they've faced some pretty decent pitching (OAK x6). It's probably not quite as bad as it seems.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Darvish's success has come at the expense of two of the weakest offensive teams in the league in TB & HOU, whereas Felix has shut down OAK x2 & LAA. Much more impressive, I would say. Also, Texas has given Darvish 2 runs per game of support, compared to 6.3 for Felix from the Mariners. Seattle's offense looks weak on paper, but they've faced some pretty decent pitching (OAK x6). It's probably not quite as bad as it seems.
    maybe so but there is no denying Darvish has great stuff.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

For my money, Felix is the best pitcher in baseball.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    maybe so but there is no denying Darvish has great stuff.
    Sure. And this game could easily be scoreless in the 8th inning with both pitchers still in the game. But I think if one of them is going to give up a little more, it's more likely to be Darvish. The Seattle bullpen is also a bit more robust than the Rangers bullpen.

I think the way to go with this game is take a low total at +odds and hope these guys are both going to have good outings against the mediocre batters. The live line will plummet if they both look strong the first time through the order.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 04-16-14 at 03:02 PM.

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

The team totals are interesting they have the Rangers over 3.5 @ +110 and Mariners U3 @ +105 at my book. I would have thought that both under totals would be juiced, but this tells me the Mariners are favored by the books or someone has put money on these and skewed them ... IDK.

docKT
    docKT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2093

Over.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Seattle (Felix) at Texas (Darvish).

Thoughts?
    Yeah,

Its a fukkin coinflip,

End of thread...

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post

-Rangers top 5 hitters have a career .238 average vs Felix with a total of 18 rbi and 2 hrs in 155 plate appearances. Beltre being out of the lineup is a huge plus, as he has hit Felix well throughout his career.

-Of the Mariners top 5 hitters, one two have faced Darvish. Cano has hit .333 vs him in 9 at bats (3 hits). 0 rbi and 0 hrs. Other then him, only Miller has seen Darvish, and is 0-4 vs him. None of the other 3 have seen Darvish, which is a positive.

-Rangers are ranked 28th in baseball with .21 runs scored per first inning. They have not scored a first inning run in 3 straight games.

-Mariners are ranked 26th in baseball with .23 runs scored per first inning. They have not scored a first inning run in 3 straight games.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Sure. And this game could easily be scoreless in the 8th inning with both pitchers still in the game. But I think if one of them is going to give up a little more, it's more likely to be Darvish. The Seattle bullpen is also a bit more robust than the Rangers bullpen.

I think the way to go with this game is take a low total at +odds and hope these guys are both going to have good outings against the mediocre batters. The live line will plummet if they both look strong the first time through the order.
    nope Mariners pretty got this wrapped up.