No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Relief pitching

At what point do these teams start to realize that you can't win without a competent bullpen? Look at what the Pirates have been able to build despite having an anemic offense and so-so starters. These perennial losers have starters on limited pitch counts, yet they have no one to pitch the 6th, 7th and 8th innings who can get anyone out. It makes no sense.

It's the equivalent to not having a kicking game in football. You can't win without it. Spend all the $$$ you want on sluggers and the "big name" guys who entertain the crowds. You're going nowhere without relief pitching.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Looks like Fanboy wins another Giants bet suck it hard loser

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

What he said. Or at least get a decent pitching coach that knows how to exploit matchups, keeps his pitchers on a short leash.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Looks like Fanboy wins another Giants bet suck it hard loser
    Are you kidding me with this post?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    What he said. Or at least get a decent pitching coach that knows how to exploit matchups, keeps his pitchers on a short leash.
    It's not that complicated, and it's not like you need 15 guys who are stud relievers. Just a small handful. It's amazing the bums these teams trot out trying to protect a lead. Laughable even.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The Dbacks have no one to blame but their manager. He leaves a frazzled Will Smith in to pitch to Pagan, and then brings in the lefty Roland Smith when it's already too late. And I thought Collins was bad. This guy wouldn't last 2 weeks managing in a real baseball city.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    The Dbacks have no one to blame but their manager. He leaves a frazzled Will Smith in to pitch to Pagan, and then brings in the lefty Roland Smith when it's already too late. And I thought Collins was bad. This guy wouldn't last 2 weeks managing in a real baseball city.
    I love Gibby from his playing days in Detroit, but he's an awful manager. He's proven that in spades.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29812

Our boy Collins blew it again yesterday in the bottom of the 10th. Frikkin midget.
    Good luck.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Ugh. At the beach with my daughter. One minute zona is chillin w a 5-3 lead, turn around, sandcastle, and BOOM dbag bullpen gascan dumpsterfire.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    Ugh. At the beach with my daughter. One minute zona is chillin w a 5-3 lead, turn around, sandcastle, and BOOM dbag bullpen gascan dumpsterfire.
    Some of these teams are so predictable it's almost getting boring. Arizona, the Mets, the Angels, the White Sox, Colorado, Minnesota, the Cubs, etc. Same shit, different year.

WhoLetdaDawgsOut
    WhoLetdaDawgsOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

The mets ate a joke with relief pitch, same with d backs still

Add the oakland As to the list, fukk all of their relief pitching and jim johnson