konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Painful to be a Mets fan ...Collins is a cok

I just dont get the thinking from the Mets
    This year we are expected to win 71 games so why get losers like Granderson who will hit 230 tops and k more times then the rest of the team. Why go get Chris Young for 7 mill for 1 yearthe guy hasn't busted 235 in 5 years
    They had a battle for the 1 b spot this spring Duda hit 208 Davis sub 200 again Campbell hit around 320 and Satin 280 so the winners are Davis & Duda the mets are expecting them to become big stars after 5 years of nothingHello it isn't going to happen.
    Bull pen is a joke German, Rice, Lannan can not get anyone out. Collins loves 15yr minor league man Rice he pitches him about every day he suks. Lannan is shot to many times under the knife I liked the guy but he couldn't get anyone out this spring German over 8 ERA this spring tells it all
    We send down Black to the minors who we got for Buck and Bryd Black has 17 inn in MLB 3 era looks promising had a really nice spring tops out at 96/97 at age 25 minors?????? Really???? Dice K im not a fan of but man he really gutted out spring T he pitched well getting better every game including his last start 6 shut out innings. Why did we pay him 100 k bonus to go to the minors when he should be in the pen????
    Montero well who knows with this guy 300 ERA full season in Vegas AAA where trust me the air currents carry the ball huge.
    Fuckin Mets are idiots
    This should be a put it together year try the young guys and lets see but Collins likes old has beens and thats what we get to watch now
    Last edited by konck; 03-31-14 at 06:14 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mitchell88

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Cant wait to listen to the radio tomorrow to hear all the callers bitching about this team.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I'm a Royals fan and we've got the same issue with Ned Yost...the dude is a D-bag...fans hate the dude

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Hes definitely a konck

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Hes definitely a konck

Capper1124
    Update your status
    Capper1124's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets are horrible this year

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Yost is a lot worse than Collins not even close

slick15
    slick15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 513

The Mets and the whole organization are BRUTAL.

Fred Wilpon should be forced to sell the team by MLB.

It`s a Freaking circus.

So many guys on this team would never cut another teams roster out of spring training.

Ike Davis is a stiff
    Daniel Murphy
    Ruben Tejada

The only players they pick up are players that were kicked to the curb by other teams.

They picked up Bobby Abreu today ......Nobody wants this guy but of course the Mets pick him up...LOL

Just like Rick Ankiel last season.

The Mets are a joke.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets can't be TOO bad or management worry the fan base revolts. I think like you do that they are wrong because if they have no realistic shot to win as a fan I would prefer they look to the future. Mets GM said privately he expects 90 wins this year and then later publicly challenged players to do so. Funny since the mets have had a losing record the last five years including going 74-88 the last two years.

Btw Mets vegas line this year is 73.5 wins so his 90 seems a bit lofty to say the least

slick15

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Mets can't be TOO bad or management worry the fan base revolts. I think like you do that they are wrong because if they have no realistic shot to win as a fan I would prefer they look to the future. Mets GM said privately he expects 90 wins this year and then later publicly challenged players to do so. Funny since the mets have had a losing record the last five years including going 74-88 the last two years.

Btw Mets vegas line this year is 73.5 wins so his 90 seems a bit lofty to say the least
    Under 73.5 for me......90 is a joke.

Team is brutal......They basically have 2 major league players on the starting roster in Wright and Granderson.

These players are terrible.....Tejada,Davis,Murphy,Recker, Satin,Chris Young is a strike out machine,

Look at it this way......Dillion Gee is your opening day starter....Enough said.

I hate Fred Wilpon

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Worst team in baseball I feel sorry from Met fans

James D

Quote Originally Posted by slick15 View Post

Team is brutal......They basically have 2 major league players on the starting roster in Wright and Granderson.

These players are terrible.....Tejada,Davis,Murphy,Recker, Satin,Chris Young is a strike out machine,

Look at it this way......Dillion Gee is your opening day starter....Enough said.

I hate Fred Wilpon
    It's a shame how they are non competitive right now. They are a lower 1/3 payroll in 2014 22nd of 31 teams. Even more terrifying three teams in division spending considerably more including phillies whose payroll is more then double the mets. Mets management should realize the future is all mets fans are really looking for, they are not idiots. They know through a 162 game marathon they can not stay in the race in 2014.

slick15

It's a shame how they are non competitive right now. They are a lower 1/3 payroll in 2014 22nd of 31 teams. Even more terrifying three teams in division spending considerably more including phillies whose payroll is more then double the mets. Mets management should realize the future is all mets fans are really looking for, they are not idiots. They know through a 162 game marathon they can not stay in the race in 2014.
    You`re basically coming back with the same terrible team from last season...Granderson is the only new player.

Minus Harvey...LOL....Harvey would have been maybe 16 wins.

This team wins 67 games this season....Maybe.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Gee was in the top 5 post AS break last year I believe. Gee isn't the problem. They might be an 80 win team if Davis has a good year.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    Yost is a lot worse than Collins not even close
    Dude is a miserable prick...my buds truly believe he walks around look for ants to stomp on and people to bitch at

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Fred Wilpon should be forced to sell the team by MLB.

It`s a Freaking circus.

So many guys on this team would never cut another teams roster out of spring training.

The Mets are a joke.
    They should really look into forcing him to do that. The league has done it before haven't they? All that bullshit with him is ridiculous.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    They should really look into forcing him to do that. The league has done it before haven't they? All that bullshit with him is ridiculous.
    I know it's frustrating but Wilpon has not been half as bad as dozens of owners in sports history. Granted last few years have been rough but wilpon almost lost everything in the Bernie Madoff scandal. He was being sued for one billion dollars due to his connection to madoff and the money he made over the decades. He was a very very early madoff investor. Madoffs son mark killed himself at age 46 in 2010 because of his dads scandal went to preschool with Wilpons son. That's how far back they go. Wilpon had to sell 12 minority shares of the mets for 240 million and settle with madoff creditors for 182 million so he has been understandably sidetracked trying to keep his family empire intact.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I know it's frustrating but Wilpon has not been half as bad as dozens of owners in sports history. Granted last few years have been rough but wilpon almost lost everything in the Bernie Madoff scandal. He was being sued for one billion dollars due to his connection to madoff and the money he made over the decades. He was a very very early madoff investor. Madoffs son mark killed himself at age 46 in 2010 because of his dads scandal went to preschool with Wilpons son. That's how far back they go. Wilpon had to sell 12 minority shares of the mets for 240 million and settle with madoff creditors for 182 million so he has been understandably sidetracked trying to keep his family empire intact.
    Yeah I know the whole story but because he's in so much trouble,the team is not a priority for him. He's just in cost cutting mode.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Yeah I know the whole story but because he's in so much trouble,the team is not a priority for him. He's just in cost cutting mode.
    Yep, and when GM insults us talking about 90 wins this year it doesn't help either.

Losing record last five seasons
    74-88 last two years in a row
    Lone bright spot last year ace pitcher out for season
    no significant off season acquisitions
    vegas over under 73.5 wins

Yep 90 wins sounds right. LOL

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

I hate Fred Wilpon
    murphy is a career 290 hitter who will get you 30+ doubles each year. you are reaching on this one.

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Nothing wrong with Murphy he will hit a solid 280 he moved deep at 2nd ala Tim Tuefels doing and it make him an ok 2b man
    Granderson pick up was a complete joke he suks Chris Young even more of a Joke
    Wilpons are crooks and losers
    Gee Had 12 starts last year holding teams to 1 or less he earned opening day 10 times better than Niese who was tabbed for it. Gee's rocky start last year was because he had a blood clot and his bro was dying
    Why guys like Lannan German and Rice are on the staff while Montero Dice k and Black rot in the minors who knows

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Reports Parnell has a torn ligament in his elbow and will need surgery.

Papa Grande figures to take his spot...