daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bud Selig stepping down after 2011

per rotoworld

Commissioner Bud Selig plans to step down in 2012, reports Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribute.

Selig has been convinced to stay on as commissioner in years past, but sounds rather adamant that 2011 will be his final year. Not uncoincidentally, 2011 is also the year the new collective bargaining agreement needs to be struck. Selig will best be known for adding the Wild Card, interleague play, calling the 2002 All-Star Game as a tie and beginning the integration of instant replay into the game. Favorites to replace Selig are his right-hand men of Bob DuPuy and Rob Manfred along with Orioles general manager Andy MacPhail.

Lightbets
    Lightbets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh I wish this would happen ! !

Jshap1515
    Cardinals racking up the wins
    Jshap1515's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe Pete Rose would be let into the HoF then?

podunk
    podunk's Avatar Become A Pro!

pete rose = bad ass

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

I'll believe it when i see it.

cmdyrds
    cmdyrds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6868

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    per rotoworld

Commissioner Bud Selig plans to step down in 2012, reports Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribute.

Selig has been convinced to stay on as commissioner in years past, but sounds rather adamant that 2011 will be his final year. Not uncoincidentally, 2011 is also the year the new collective bargaining agreement needs to be struck. Selig will best be known for adding the Wild Card, interleague play, calling the 2002 All-Star Game as a tie and beginning the integration of instant replay into the game. Favorites to replace Selig are his right-hand men of Bob DuPuy and Rob Manfred along with Orioles general manager Andy MacPhail.
    about 5 years to late.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Don't like him either.

Get a commish to institute a salary cap.

Don't go to Japan to play baseball. They already have baseball.

Fix the goddam schedule. Too long!!!

Hey!!! I'm in New Mexico and I get Rockies and D-Back games blacked out, on MLB Innings!!! WTF!!!

Get some more games on National T.V. and stop letting FOX blackout so many day games.
    Sunday night baseball on ESPN is retarded. Managers usually don't schedule good pitching on that night. They mail that one in.

Get ABC/CBS/NBC to do a Tuesday or Wednesday game. These networks have HD. The best games are usually on these nights. (good pitchers). Everyone gets to see them.

Selig= Dancing around steroid era questions.