dirtyjock
    dirtyjock's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pete Rose

He's the man. All the shit about him being banned is pretty sorry. He bet on his team everyday to WIN not lose. If anything he shows heart for the team cause be believed in them. It was his money he was wagering right? It would be a different story if he was betting them to lose. I really dont know half the story but do they have prove from where he used to bet? Or just going off the fact he said he bet on them? Plus the whole steriod thing is pretty out of control. I bet there was just as many juicers back then if not more. They didnt have nearly the right technolgy to test back then like they do today. These days if you take to many flinstone's vitamins ull fail a drug test. Just my thoughts

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Once athletes or coaches or front office pukes start gambling on their own games, whether they bet 'em to win or lose, it damages the game and opens the sport up to a complete collapse of confidence with the fans, those that wager as well as those that just cheer.

That said, Rose should be in the Hall of Fame for his accomplishments as a player. Either that or boot those in with other character flaws, i.e., the men who prolonged segregation in baseball.

dirtyjock

Thanks for the insight. Yea he was one hell of a player

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Hated him as a player, but that's because he was so good.

Just sad he's ruined his life with the gambling.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure Pete Rose is telling the full truth this time. Nobody should have any reason to doubt his integrity.

dirtyjock

The way I look at it is everyone has done something wrong or screwed up before. There is no way this guy should be banned. Least he has the balls to admit it just think of all the players and coaches that are still hiding stuff today

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't care what Rose is trying to sell the public on. I think we all know he bet against his team on certain nights.

Common sense would tell you that really, because Rose is a degenerate gambler who probably dug himself in a big hole more than one time, and bet against his team in order to dig himself out of it.

dirtyjock

Good point Bigboydan

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'll agree with you, Dan, on the notion that we shouldn't be buying any of the horse manure Rose is shoveling right now. But I'm not one of the 'all' who believes he ever bet against his own club. There were photocopies of the alleged betting slips for Rose, and none of them ever indicated he bet on his opposition.

He never had to bet on the other guys. And therein lies one of the problems. If Pete bet on his team three nights in a row, then suddenly doesn't bet on them one night, that's a red flag the size of a football field to the bookies and anyone else who knew it. If Rose wasn't betting on his team one night, maybe it's because he's going to rest a regular, or his closer, or knew something about his starting pitcher that could mean the guy might not be able to go more than a couple of innings. And the opposite was true as well, with games he did bet on his team being a signal he might play it like the seventh game of a World Series.

Until I have some substantial evidence otherwise, I'm not going to simply assume he did bet against his team and threw a game to win a bet.