EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Because people hate the Yankees.....Why else??
    Good point. Cashman gets pissed on a lot, but I think he did a pretty fair job this off-season of making NY a much better team than last year at least on paper assuming some health. If Girardi can piece them together like he did with the mess they had last year that remained fairly competitive in the race .. they have a reasonable chance to be in the Wildcard mix. I doubt they are done yet either ... would not be surprised to see a trade for pitching or the other possibility of them slotting Robertson into the rotation and then taking someone like Balfour or Rodney to close.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

rumor is ichiro to giants for scutaro solves both problems gets rid of the extra out fielder and gets them their second baseman

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Beltran hit .296/.339/.491 with 24 homers in 600 PA with St. Louis last season, and though he turns 37 in April, Beltran has thus far kept swinging a big bat deep into the late stages of his career. He'll no doubt see some DH at-bats in New York but he'll spend most of his time in right field while the more defensively-challenged Alfonso Soriano will be the Yankees' primary DH, USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports.
    The D'Backs were just on

wagerjunkie

guess Ichiro is a bench player. didn't realize the fuker is 40.

EaglesPhan36

Forgot they still have Wells too. Someone's ass is getting dumped.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yanks have all injury prone guys

Beltran of course is a pro hitter but way overpaid for his age

Some teams do not get it you win with young guys and good pitching

Its why Yanks are horrible now

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Great retaliation tactic by New York after the Cano signing. Yankees will get a post-season superstar with money to spare; love the move.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Great retaliation tactic by New York after the Cano signing. Yankees will get a post-season superstar with money to spare; love the move.
    useless to have a post season superstar when you don't make the post season.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ksnooksk View Post
    Who is going to pitch for the Yankees again?
    They are about to sign a Japanese pitcher that went 24-0 with a 1.72 ERA in Japan last season.

I believe his last name is Tanaza. He is projected to be their #1 starter.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i hate agreeing with gold so much

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 851

Ichiro sucks...they need to move him...they should keep Gardner...he's one of their youngest players. Gardner 9/Ellsbury 1 is lethal...

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    You are a fukkin fool if you think Gardner plays right field or that was ever the plan......A fukkin fool

Can anyone back me up here??
    Yes -

LF Gardner
    CF Ellsbury
    RF Beltran

also..

People are assuming A Rod will sit out 2014. His plan all along was to take this to federal court . He will file an injunction and be on the field this year . If he plays this year and loses his appeal and is suspended for 2015 he will save himself 7 mil by delaying his suspension.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    They are about to sign a Japanese pitcher that went 24-0 with a 1.72 ERA in Japan last season.

I believe his last name is Tanaza. He is projected to be their #1 starter.
    That guy may not be available for bids. They are trying to rework the bidding system to put a cap at $20 million instead of getting into the bidding wars like there have been before or where one team could totally shoot past everyone else.

Japanese teams may not be happy not getting the huge pay days. It's Tanaka. If the new system is implemented, it's going to be an all our crapshoot and will be whomever sells the kid better. He's a stud in his prime though, so everyone will want him.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Good move by the yanks. Most important thing was not keeping that pos cano.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yanks issue is pitching

CC SAB is their ace and he is done

Doughboy22
    SYNDICATE... AHHHHHH
    Doughboy22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3733

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I don't give two shits if the Yankees give me $400 million dollars. I hate the Yankees.

Big Bad Hal has been saying since his shitty teams missed the playoffs that they're going to stay under the $189 million luxury tax number.

Wrong.

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the things that Baby Hal signs off on. At least with the old man I could see WHY he was making decisions. This guy + Cashman are clueless together.

GO SOX!
    Fukking go sox!!!!! Thief whole Yankee team is on the disabled list. I give jeter 45 games next year. Beltran will be out at least 50. A rod is out. Texeira will be shit. Elsbury will do well but he only does so much. If ur going into a season and elsbury ( my prediction) is going to be ur best offensive player. Ur fukked!!!!!
    GOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    LF: Soriano
    CF: Ellsbury
    RF: Gardner

That was the initial plan. Now with this horrible signing, I'm assuming they're going to put Soriano on the bench and move Gardner to RF. Off the bench they'll have Soriano, Wells and Ichiro (which I'm sure is going to ruffle some feathers)

Team blows.

Team ERA = 8.43

OMG STFU YOUR CLUELESS .. gardner in RF ? just stop .. go troll some other forum cause your mad that the yankees are making some moves..

First 12