Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
    What about an explanation by you as to why he should play more?
    Sure.

Hinske can play every position besides SS, 2nd base, and catcher. He has more power than Youkilis (22 HR in 272 games), Lowell (163 HR in 1151 career games, decent power hitter early in his career, but that's gone), Crisp (43 HR in 529 games), he is faster (47 SB, 17 CS) than Youkilis (5 SB, 4 CS) and Lowell (never stolen more than 5 bases in one year), and he is left-handed. Even in his injury plagued seasons, Hinske was a lock to hit 15 HRs and 70 RBIs. He has more XB-hits per game and a better slugging percentage than all but three players on the Red Sox roster. He has more hits per game, more doubles per game, more triples per game, more home runs per game, more stolen bases per game, and a better slugging percentage than Youkilis, despite playing the first five years of his career in a stadium that was nowhere near as hitter-friendly as Fenway.
    This year, he's 4-5 with a double and a triple, and for some reason he can't even pinch hit for the impotent 5-9 hitters, let alone get in the lineup for a full game.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Good answer.

Although my question was more in relation to rjt721's point about the Youkilis/Hinske position.

Aside from that, the "best" team should be chosen at the start of the year and it's too early to start dropping people based upon a week or so worth of games. If Crisp or whoever is still batting as badly as he is come the end of the month and has not been substituted then your point would be extremely valid.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax View Post
    Aside from that, the "best" team should be chosen at the start of the year and it's too early to start dropping people based upon a week or so worth of games.
    Oh, definitely. I just think a player with his versatility should pinch hit virtually every day and get at least a couple starts a week.
    And, I'm not trying to criticize Youkilis, because I like the way he plays and he is a versatile guy as well, but anyone who hits second in front or Ortiz and Ramirez is going to immediately have their batting average increased by about 25 points.

First 12