Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Backing Wainright and the Cards here in game 1 +115

The Cardinals lineup can match up with any AL lineup.

My main concern in this first game is pitching:

-Adam Wainwright in the playoffs: 23 innings pitched, 2-1 record, 1.57 ERA, and 20 to 1 SO to walk ratio- which is obv. incredible.

-John Lester 19 1/3 innings pitched, 2-1 record, 2.33 ERA, and 14 to 7 SO to BB ratio.

If one were to evaluate both pitchers I like to look at how far each pitcher has gone into a game, with Wainright pitching close to 7 2/3 innings on average, while Lester has averaged close to 6 innings per start. Either of which is not bad, but tells me I can count on Wainwright to deliver a managed and long-term approach, he throws more strikes in other words.

-Adam Wainwright is 17-8 in games where he was graded as an underdog.

-It can be argued that this Cardinals lineup works the count just as well as the Red Sox with the only caveat being they do not strike out as much. Both teams led the league in On base % in the regular season.

-Allen Craig as the DH has many people believing he will be rusty and that's understandable, but the guy batted .454 with RISP, this Cardinals advanced scouting group is one of the best in the league, no doubt he will be prepared vs. Lester, how he actually performs remains to be seen as NL DH numbers have been poor for the last few WS.

-Carlos Beltran- nothing more to say.

-There is that "closeness", "cohesiveness" in both clubhouses, should be a great matchup.

It seems like to be a cold night, pitching might have the favor here with also two great bullpens...

STL +115, and if had to bet the total most likely the 'under'.

Should be a good game.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Maybe i'll add under tonight.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    i like under and in case you forgot my mlb playoff totals been so bad i stopped betting them, you been warned! lol

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

GL bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

i like under and in case you forgot my mlb playoff totals been so bad i stopped betting them, you been warned! lol
    LOL Bank', I don't have a bet on the total but I think you're in good shape here just based on the splits, these pitchers are too good, and both bullpens are great, I don't foresee late inning grand slams again lol.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    GL bro.

LOL Bank', I don't have a bet on the total but I think you're in good shape here just based on the splits, these pitchers are too good, and both bullpens are great, I don't foresee late inning grand slams again lol.
    yea it been rough..i got a small play on ff un 3.5 but chasing cards for a win in beantown, my homerism aside seems like a must do thing getting plus money with waino and wacha, not even being a homer when i say i believe they split in fenway, then think it comes back to bos with cards up 3-2 (that maybe homerish, lol)..

2daBank

told ya,,shit unreal. honestly i consider my totals all season most seasons pretty solid but these playoffs been a disaster, only reason not buried cause cards keep winning gms which may be over with way they played defense like a deer in the headlights tonight..

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

LOL IMAGINE IF 2DABANK COULD SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH. JUST penetrating IMAGINE!

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

30k posts what a fkn loser

2daBank

SBR MVP
    This message is hidden because NittanyLionsFan is on your ignore list.

View Post

rooster sucking flamer say what? did you forget that i dont talk to ferrys?

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

told ya,,shit unreal. honestly i consider my totals all season most seasons pretty solid but these playoffs been a disaster, only reason not buried cause cards keep winning gms which may be over with way they played defense like a deer in the headlights tonight..
    That game was brutal, nothing can be said for how poor the Cardinals played defensively, if you open the door that like for the Red Sox, especially early they're going to make you pay. Just a bad pick in retrospect seeing how poorly they fielded- I didn't analyze defense at all prior to gametime, and had more faith in the Cardinals offensively, but whatever either way graded as a loss.

GL on the rest of your bets bro.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    Get out of here man, no need for this junk.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    What a f.ucking pathetic lowlife...

2daBank

What a f.ucking pathetic lowlife...
    good call with sox bro (unfortunately),, you not planning on playing them tonight are u? lol