LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    LT can we finally agree that oak +150 for series was a good bet?
    Yes, nice call there, I was dead wrong. I was counting on the Detroit Big Three winning at least two of the first three games and I did not expect the Tiger offense to go to shit. The biggest disappointment was Anibal's performance in Game 3, if he has a normal outing for him, Tigers probably win in 4. Oh well, que sera sera.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bear if you got A's +150 and they are +108 tonight how can you not say its a good bet. It doesn't matter if they win tonight. You're sitting nice at +150 tonight with the game line where it is. Bear you a square?
    Any play is only a good play if it cashes

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Only If the A's win tonight.
    Not true at all, he made a great bet because he is now holding +150 on what is close to a Pick'em. Don't be like the other idiots that think losing bets have no value, this is a great bet bet win or lose. The long term is all that matters, and if anyone is in this position often, they will win long term.

LT Profits

UGH! Read up on +EV

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

LB just answer the question are we pounding the A's!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    Lb is on Tigers

YOUNGBUCK

Wtf Bear will someone jus play the A's with me

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Wtf Bear will someone jus play the A's with me
    I have an oak series bet, so I'm with you.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7636

No value anymore at +100. Obviously pinny likes this gray kid.

I think oak can win but you gonna take them with no + return?

YOUNGBUCK

Yes I will take them with no + return

And lets get this money Broadway A's it is

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

pik: a's 1u/1u. verlander has no run support and has tm lost 9 of his last 10. starts. sonny has won 6 in a row.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

1:1 is good vs verlander. grey in his last starts at home was price ranged from -170 up to -256. which u can't get much higher then that shrezner was -400 vs hstn this season

.for series clinchers bstn .and stl ats covered as favs. atl dog covered. and it looks like a ats doggy oak cover today. but ml is the pik. oak covered ats 6 of l7 vs detroit.

***also s a side note. if you keep ur wagers in the 1.10/1u or below. you can always just hit red in roulette or one hand at blackjack to cover back ur lost sports wager. wo win a buy in in nl cash. roulette and blackjack really should be used sparingly, but it does work.
    Last edited by vividjohn45; 10-10-13 at 08:37 AM.

thevault13
    thevault13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2278

A's +100
    A's FF -0.5 +195
    Over 6.5 -110

What you think?

Gray shuts out Tigers??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I give up.

You will just never get it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Oakland is the home team and had the better regular season record, so they're technically the higher seed. Plus, Gray has already out-dueled Verlander in this series.

As I said before Game 2, it doesn't make sense for the A's to be anything more than even money in this spot given the venue and what the facts tell us on paper. Every handicapper knows by now the Tigers have a shit pen and Cabrera can barely walk. I don't think this has anything to do with the books "liking" Gray or the A's. Line is exactly where it should be.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I give up.

You will just never get it.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Yes, nice call there, I was dead wrong. I was counting on the Detroit Big Three winning at least two of the first three games and I did not expect the Tiger offense to go to shit. The biggest disappointment was Anibal's performance in Game 3, if he has a normal outing for him, Tigers probably win in 4. Oh well, que sera sera.
    well i kinda fukked up as well,,, shoulda played det series when they were down 2-1 but what did i do? bet the fukkin A's gm 4, lol..couldnt resist the price.. now just riding it out..

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

As an A's fan and backer holding series +140 I prefer gray in there tonight. He's got a fresh arm, only having pitched 11 games. He also has a better variety of pitches as Colon usually pitches fastballs 80%+ of the time. The tigers were ready for this in the 1st of game 1 and jumped on him. This forced Colon to get out of his comfort zone and pitch a lot more offspeed than he's used to. It was a great adjustment on this part to pitch another scoreless 5 but it took some good defense to avoid at least run one scored.

Melvin had a ton of faith in Bartolo throughout the season. There was a patch of 3 starts in the reg season where Colons fastball lost a few mph due to fatigue and he got lit up severely. If he has any fatigue against a fastball hitting team, the tigers hve a better opportunity to put up a big inning.

Gray on the other hand can keep the tigers off balanced better. This is a better quality against hurt hitters, especially if Gray can approach the level of control that Colon has.

That being said, I have no lean on this game and the line is set right at even so riding on +140.

Should be a great game. Had tickets to the game but had to sell since headed to NY tonight. I feel like I'm going to be missing a classic

2daBank

Only If the A's win tonight.

it's going to be tough sledding against Justin Verlander.

hopefully that chick that does the
    "Cat daddy"! Paid just a little visit last night and he will be a little weak at the knees
    you do realize that i could have not only taken det down 2-1 or even still bet them tonight and profit do you not? im not doing any of that cause i got +150 on a gm books are basically calling a pickem... doesnt make a damn bit of difference whether it cashes or not, either way it was a good bet..

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Oakland is the home team and had the better regular season record, so they're technically the higher seed. Plus, Gray has already out-dueled Verlander in this series.

As I said before Game 2, it doesn't make sense for the A's to be anything more than even money in this spot given the venue and what the facts tell us on paper. Every handicapper knows by now the Tigers have a shit pen and Cabrera can barely walk. I don't think this has anything to do with the books "liking" Gray or the A's. Line is exactly where it should be.
    Like I said Gray > Verlander

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Coiner ,

what is Pinny trying to tell us about this line?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Coiner,

just bustin yo ballz guey

i know you excited about yo Tigers

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    obviously better to advance and deal with it than to have a six month vacation

after what maddon did last night i wouldnt be shocked to see something like that

that strategy kept tb in the game longer than maybe they should have been
    he was talking about the rotation vs. Boston.

I doubt Melvin is going to use a Maddon approach. Colon would be the only starter he'd use tonight in relief barring extra innings.

Melvin made the right choice in using Gray over Colon. As someone who bet Detroit series, I was hoping for another crack at Colon.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Similar to Pirates logic for starting Cole? Gray dominated Tigers in Game 2
    Off course he dominated the first time. Then he tries to throw the same stuff the second time and he gets bombed like Cole.

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I think OAK should have started Colon instead of Gray. I don't like it when they put a young pitcher out there in a really tight situation. With Colon, I think OAK would have won the game.

I am going to take my Monday Kershaw winnings and bet half of it on Verlander against Gray. If I lose I lose, I don't care.

Betting 5250 on DET to win 5000 - good luck everyone.
    Last edited by sbrhedge; 10-10-13 at 01:01 PM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Off course he dominated the first time. Then he tries to throw the same stuff the second time and he gets bombed like Cole.
    cole gave up 2 runs on 1 bad pitch..he hardly got shelled.. something tells me oaktown gives the kid a little more support than the buccos did...

YOUNGBUCK

Stats show harder to hit a pitcher the 2nd time than the first....

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

the under is the best play on the board tonight folks. lean oakland if i had to pick a side

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i want to back detroit and verlander but for some reason i say detroit goes fishing after tonight.

oakland fans are crazy loud. detroit's gonna have flashbacks of couple years ago...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    i want to back detroit and verlander but for some reason i say detroit goes fishing after tonight.

oakland fans are crazy loud. detroit's gonna have flashbacks of couple years ago...
    a couple years ago they beat oakland too.

Tigers always stand in the way. I think the A's fans should all dress like Raider fans tonight

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

a couple years ago they beat oakland too.

Tigers always stand in the way. I think the A's fans should all dress like Raider fans tonight
    yeah you're right. why am i thinking they played one wild card game in oakland where they won?

maybe it was game 4 in oakland.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Sanchez had a great year but I'd venture to say it's an anomaly. He might be coming into his prime but I'll go on a limb and say this is the best regular season he will have facing hitters in a new league for a full year for the first time. Nothing in his past performance gave a sign he'd have a year like this.
    Last edited by InTheDrink; 10-10-13 at 05:15 PM.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    he was talking about the rotation vs. Boston.

I doubt Melvin is going to use a Maddon approach. Colon would be the only starter he'd use tonight in relief barring extra innings.

Melvin made the right choice in using Gray over Colon. As someone who bet Detroit series, I was hoping for another crack at Colon.
    yeah and i was too....I agree that melvin won't likely use that approach but who thought maddon would?

the point was that they're one starter short....if you have a few guyes who can throw 2-3 innings then maybe that might be a better option than tossing a gas can out there for five innings if you can limit their use earlier on in the series

rcene
    rcene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sonny shitting his pants!

Pressure was on him and the A's, and the pressure rose the second time around in the fourth!
    Points Awarded:

paco gave rcene 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

too bad cluth hitter infante couldnt add another one or two runs while gray was fazed.

First 1234 Last