turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

Oak +140 GM 4 @ Det

Great prices on Oakland still. The public perception of almighty star-studded Tigers vs the never-get-that-far A's is so strong that even otherwise sharp SBR posters are laying -150 on coin-flips. Or maybe worse than coin-flip?

A's have knocked around Detroit for the past 5 games now in Detroit. In these games they have scored 40 runs. Even more concerning for Detroit is (1) A's looked like they should've scored more than 6 today and (2) One of those games in Detroit was a rain shortened game where the A's left the field with the bases loaded with 0 outs in the top of the 6th inning.

Clearly the A's are hitting well in Detroit. They had arguably their best offensive outburst all YEAR against one Detroit pitcher though:

DATE OPPONENT RESULT IP H R ER HR BB SO
    Aug 28 vs OAK L 14-4 5.0 13 7 7 0 0 2
    I don't have to mention the pitcher's name as you should know by now. Clearly, it's been the Athletics doing most of the fisting this year in Detroit.

+140 is a gift. These guys don't want to see Scherzer again. If Tigers do get desperate, and trot out Scherzer after 3.5 days rest after tossing 118 pitches and coast-to-coast travel, don't forget that A's have Brett Anderson in long relief if Straily gets in trouble (Stranderson). At worst you're getting +140 on a coin flip. More likely, you're getting the team firing on all cylinders against a struggling and hobbled team.

The A's get no respect despite looking like the better team over 7 combined games over the past month or so. "Wow the Tigers are behind 1-2 against a team they clearly should beat. No way they win this next one." This game is such Great Value, Walmart is putting it on their shelves and rolling back the prices.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Great stuff turbozed! Been saying the same thing myself for quite awhile. Amazing how books just keep giving away + money on this team all thru the season and all they do is win around 100 lol. Gl and Get'em Oak

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Got +157 about an hour after today's game. Small wager as have A's pending for series as well.

TheMLBKing
    TheMLBKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took A's series price +280 before game 2, let's cash this OP

turbozed

2 hours to go and taking a look at some props.

I do like Coco Crisp +105 to get more bases than Torii Hunter. Crisp is hitting 7 for 19 against Fister and looks pretty dialed in with 3 hits yesterday. He was also on a HR hitting tear in August and September. Hunter is always dangerous, but looks like the wrong guy is favored here. Coco is leadoff so there's a tiny but appreciable chance he gets 1 more AB than Hunter as well.

2 hours to go!

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    2 hours to go and taking a look at some props.

I do like Coco Crisp +105 to get more bases than Torii Hunter. Crisp is hitting 7 for 19 against Fister and looks pretty dialed in with 3 hits yesterday. He was also on a HR hitting tear in August and September. Hunter is always dangerous, but looks like the wrong guy is favored here. Coco is leadoff so there's a tiny but appreciable chance he gets 1 more AB than Hunter as well.

2 hours to go!
    Wrong guy???
    hunter is 7 for 10 with 3 bombs off of strailly.
    didnt you look at his stats????

turbozed

Yeah I did. Straily will not be in the game for long if he shows any signs of slipping and Anderson will be brought in. Hunter doesn't look very good in his ABs coming into this playoffs. Still, you are pointing out why the numbers are the way they are. I shoulda mentioned it myself.

turbozed

3 bases for Coco on the 1st AB of the game. Auspicious start.