stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

If you bet the Pirates today, and are thinking about chasing them tomorrow.....

...... please reconsider.

Cards aren't losing at home.
    Pirates are outmatched, and I don't mean any disrespect to what they did this year, and their fans, but the Cards have their business game faces on, you can tell they are not going to be denied, Pirates are just happy to be there.

Lance Lynn has won three post season games, Garrit Cole, a talented kid, will be a deer in the head lights tomorrow afternoon, as he has never pitched at this level before.

Please don't chase with Pitt tomorrow, save it for game 3 (maybe) but Cards should do to Cole tomorrow what they did to AJ today.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I'm sold

i won't bet pirates since cards have business game face on.

Thanks for noticing that face for me

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

cards vs rookie in playoffs,,,if you trying to back pit just wait till gm 3 cause cards cant hit liriano.. but then cards win gm 4 to close it out..

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

I'm too chicken. On paper, the Cards are far superior but man, Pittsburgh sure manhandled them during the regular season.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I'm too chicken. On paper, the Cards are far superior but man, Pittsburgh sure manhandled them during the regular season.
    not sure why ppl keep saying this?? the series was 10-9 pit, 4 of those wins were liriano who cards cant hit, and at least 2 of those pit wins were against westbrook who they wont be seeing..cards won 7 of last 9 in series..

jawnzer
    jawnzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Plus they were 3-6 in Pitts and 4 of those losses were not nice ones.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Cards line up so deep up and down with professional hitters. they just work the count. they take the "pitchers, pitch" and wait for their pitch to drive.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jawnzer View Post
    Plus they were 3-6 in Pitts and 4 of those losses were not nice ones.
    cards will lose gm 3 no doubt,,not sure they have scored a run off liriano all year..but gm 4 kelly a bulldog the atmosphere wont phase him and cards will hit morton..

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32273

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I'm sold

No, my point is you should not bet the Pirates tomorrow because they are outmatched, not because of a war paint face, game face, happy face, or any other face.

I'd smack you just on GP's if I ever saw you on the street, smart ass.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I will probably lay off the game it's what you cool a dead series I have no interest into boring teams

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    No, my point is you should not bet the Pirates tomorrow because they are outmatched, not because of a war paint face, game face, happy face, or any other face.

I'd smack you just on GP's if I ever saw you on the street, smart ass.
    You left out "oh" face.

jawnzer
    jawnzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Going to have to tail on the Cards tomorrow, got absolutely pumped tonight. Need to do some tailing, at least till NHL a few weeks in.

But it'll just be murphy's law tomorrow.

jbhomerun
    jbhomerun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Lynn has a 5 something era against the pirates this year. I wouldnt have a ton of faith in him. If the pirates get some early runs off him, the bucs could steal this one. Burnett looked like complete shit tonight and couldnt even get a ball over the plate. Don't expect Cole to do the same because of some bullshit lack of "playoff experience" .

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Pitt already won the WS in their eyes on Monday night. These boys are not ready for this stage and Cards know it all to well!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Yet pit is +125. Teams coming off blowout loss are an autoplay. I'm unloading on pits.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yet pit is +125. Teams coming off blowout loss are an autoplay. I'm unloading on pits.
    you would.

again. as the innings go on and Pitt doesn't jump out to an early lead, the pressure will mount, young hitters will press and chase.

Cardinals are just so deep up and down their lineup. they are the epitome of a professional hitting ball club. they always seem to work the count in their favor. asking for a hole hell of a lot in a rookie Cole here.
    Last edited by wagerjunkie; 10-03-13 at 11:51 PM.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    you would.

Cards hitting .271 .364 OBP with nearly 6 runs per 9 innings in their last 5 games against LHP.

again. as the innings go on and Pitt doesn't jump out to an early lead, the pressure will mount, young hitters will press and chase.

Cardinals are just so deep up and down their lineup. they are the epitome of a professional hitting ball club. they always seem to work the count in their favor. asking for a hole hell of a lot in a rookie Cole here.
    Cole is a righty

wagerjunkie

playing first 5 OVER. both these pitchers can be had.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Cole is a righty
    yeah my bad.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

sorry, was on a roll with prick.

i apologize nash.

my bad

wagerjunkie

crustyme in 3..2..1.

2daBank

sweet...not as worried bout cards now..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    sweet...not as worried bout cards now..
    Why were you worried in the first place at all?

Take them runline. Nice big + to be had.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

BustinNutz
    BustinNutz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 656

OP is dead on here. Im from St. Louis and you dont bet against the Cards in the post season. We probably have the best home field advantage in all of baseball. Half of our team has World Series rings. We are a constant in the playoffs and dont lose very much in the post season. This will be a very easy series for the cards. ....

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

BustinNutz I totally agree it is going to be very hard to be the Cardinals at home this year. The Stan Musial honor is a good incentive this season. It's going to be hard to beat them too in the NCLS. They have been the hottest team in September by going 15-4 in the last 19 games. That's insane. I think they could sweep the Pirates because of the inexperience in the playoffs. I am from St. Louis and it has been totally nuts down there today and I expect the same again tomorrow too. I am considering going to down there at around 11:30am to get tickets to tomorrows game because the early start will make people want to not go so you can find tickets for real reasonable more than likely.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

no thx... i made some off pirates vs reds

series is gonna continue to be weird and have weird "results"

lay off

2daBank

Why were you worried in the first place at all?

Take them runline. Nice big + to be had.
    dont trust lynn all that much, i thought matheny should go miller here and put a strangle hold on series,, i said all along i would pound cards gm 1 and i thought there was a chance pit stole gm 2,, will be on pit gm 3 w/o a doubt cause cards cant touch liriano, then i like cards in gm 4 and 5.. if cards win 2marro it over in 4, if they lose gm2 they win in 5..

you right about the rl tho cause generally when they win they win by more than 1...cole a xfactor tho seeing how cards havnt seen him, he does throw a incredibly high percent of fbs tho and cards likey the fastballs, is he ready for the moment? i dunno but cards will put pressure on him for sure.. think it a given lynn gives up some runs so if i like cards a cards and over parlay prob makes sense as well..

again i dont trust lynn all that much, being the homer i am ill prob play cards for a lot less than today just for some action, not that i wont bet against cards cause i plan on it in gm3 but this gm im not really sure so might as well be a homer..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    BustinNutz I totally agree it is going to be very hard to be the Cardinals at home this year. The Stan Musial honor is a good incentive this season. It's going to be hard to beat them too in the NCLS. They have been the hottest team in September by going 15-4 in the last 19 games. That's insane. I think they could sweep the Pirates because of the inexperience in the playoffs. I am from St. Louis and it has been totally nuts down there today and I expect the same again tomorrow too. I am considering going to down there at around 11:30am to get tickets to tomorrows game because the early start will make people want to not go so you can find tickets for real reasonable more than likely.
    i was at the gm 5 ws clincher against det! tickets were not reasonable, lol..thinking bout going downtown and seeing if there some decent priced tix on the street myself..

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I'm sold

rooooooooooodyyyyyy

wagerjunkie

Gole is absolutely DEALING like a vet out there.

Lynn has good stuff too. just left two fat pitches over the plate that got taken advantage of.

Cards gonna have to work super hard to come back with. this kis is in a groove.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Stevie you forgot the most important thing in mlb gambling Brock is touting all 3 favs 2 will lose
    PARLAY (2 TEAMS)
    [909] PITTSB +114
    ( ACTION )
    [913] TAMPA +125
    ( ACTION )
    48.00 /183.12

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

This isnt good I could lose this is the only Mush close to Brock he has 37 retirement pks or statements 35 have lost and he is still here .....how lucky are we

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Stevie you forgot the most important thing in mlb gambling Brock is touting all 3 favs 2 will lose
    PARLAY (2 TEAMS)
    [909] PITTSB +114
    ( ACTION )
    [913] TAMPA +125
    ( ACTION )
    48.00 /183.12
    +114? got a real bad number my man...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ...... please reconsider.

Cards aren't losing at home.
    Pirates are outmatched, and I don't mean any disrespect to what they did this year, and their fans, but the Cards have their business game faces on, you can tell they are not going to be denied, Pirates are just happy to be there.

Lance Lynn has won three post season games, Garrit Cole, a talented kid, will be a deer in the head lights tomorrow afternoon, as he has never pitched at this level before.

Please don't chase with Pitt tomorrow, save it for game 3 (maybe) but Cards should do to Cole tomorrow what they did to AJ today.
    Some flawed logic in there about the postseason wins, considering they came in relief because he was relegated to being a long man out of the pen in the playoffs due to his own ineffectiveness and some better starters in front of him as well.

Cole is the real deal. Solide performance today, enough to at least give it to the pen with a lead to protect.

12 Last