teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    True. Cabrera was 25 so he signed for 25-33. Those are prime years. Now if somebody gives him 10 years 300 mil when he's 33 then they're crazy.
    if he asks for it he can get it ... horrible decision I think we agree but im pretty sure somebody will take it on The value of having a future Hall of famer, its not out of the question with some luck health wise he could come close to Hank hes on pace , hes an allstar year after year merchandise tickets Theres a reason Pujols got that money I think its silly to think if he asks I don't think he will because he seems to like Detroit. But if he did some team would give him that money.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I don't watch Yanks that often, but he never did anything in any game that i saw that made me say "pay that guy" if the yanks are smart they will let him go and spread the money around. Like the Cards did. Makes for a very happy clubhouse!

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

negro basura insano

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Y'all must be new to this whole baseball thing. Check it out.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    There has not been one big contract that was ever good for any team in the history of ever. Even Manny Ramirez. They won the WS, but the Red Sox offered him up for free to anyone the year before and nobody took him. Every single one is a bad contract, even Sabathia. These crazy deals are gonna go away. Aren't they?
    Pete Rose and his big contract were a godsend for the Phillies back in the day.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

There has not been one big contract that was ever good for any team in the history of ever. Even Manny Ramirez. They won the WS, but the Red Sox offered him up for free to anyone the year before and nobody took him. Every single one is a bad contract, even Sabathia. These crazy deals are gonna go away. Aren't they?
    I'm not so sure about that. Without Manny, the Red Sox probably don't win their World Series Championships. Yes they placed him on waivers before the '04 season, but the general consensus is that things worked out great that no one took him. The guy was a major butthole, but production was never really a problem during his Boston years.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Miguel Cabrera is working out, so far. He's in year 5 of 8/152m
    I agree that was a good contract, but let the record show he was 25 when he got it. It's the idiocy of giving those sorts of deals to guys in their 30's that I don't understand. A-Rod's renegotiation of a couple years ago.... Pujols....

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

$30 mil a season? Cano may have been worth it on a year-by-year basis when he was a PED Monster. Now? No way.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Without Manny, the Red Sox probably don't win their World Series Championships. Yes they placed him on waivers before the '04 season, but the general consensus is that things worked out great that no one took him. The guy was a major butthole, but production was never really a problem during his Boston years.
    The fact remains that they regretted the contract and wanted out of it.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

no second baseman in the history of baseball would be worth that much. name one. sure he hits .300 every year and bashes 25-30 out in that ridiculously short right field porch for most of them and he can field and steal bases, but jjgold is dead on. a pitcher who can go 17-7 with a 3.10 on an average consistently is more of an asset than cano is by far. i'd offer him 75m for 5 years tops.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

That's not true.
    Sabathia was fine
    Miguel Cabrera has been great for the Tigers
    Manny's deal was great for the Sox - 2 WS don't happen without him

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    no second baseman in the history of baseball would be worth that much. name one. sure he hits .300 every year and bashes 25-30 out in that ridiculously short right field porch for most of them and he can field and steal bases, but jjgold is dead on. a pitcher who can go 17-7 with a 3.10 on an average consistently is more of an asset than cano is by far. i'd offer him 75m for 5 years tops.
    I'd take Rogers Hornsby for that contract.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I agree about stupidity giving guys contracts in their 30's

I could see if Cano was 25 and you give him 7 year deal

This guy will be washed up in 3 years

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6423

I'm pretty torn. Cano is a super star. Wouldn't mind if they gave em the deal, not my money

First 12