coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pedro starting game 2 makes sense. Agree?

Pedro been lights out so far in one game he started in playoffs (only allowing 2 hits in 7 innings).

Lefties are eating Hamels for lunch in playoffs (9/15, 3 HRs), so makes sense to hold him out till they go back to Phily.

Agree?

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

"lights out so far in one game"

and Hamels sucks now

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

pedro has really impressed me this year. he still has good stuff, but not the great velocity that he used to. it seems that he still knows "how to pitch". mixing speed, locations, and movement.

Hamels has been very disappointing, but maybe it's my heightened expectations from last year's post season

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Figure Manual will have short leash with Pedro likely, but i like the move

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobuff View Post
    Pedro been lights out so far in one game he started in playoffs (only allowing 2 hits in 7 innings).

Lefties are eating Hamels for lunch in playoffs (9/15, 3 HRs), so makes sense to hold him out till they go back to Phily.

Agree?

I'm thinking the Yankees will be at least -200 here. I have the game as -205, but my projections for Pedro might be optimistic. I have him as being pretty bad, but maybe not bad enough.

RockyBalboa
    RockyBalboa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4028

Phils fan here...

I love it. Pedro is a big game pitcher and has the perfect attitude to face that environment. With the way Hamels has been pitching, if one bad thing happened in NY (el cheapo HR, for example) he could allow it to snowball.

He's no longer the fireballing Pedro, but he will pull an Eddie Harris from Major League and slop ball guys when he has to. He can still hump it up there at 91-92, couple that with his change and he definitely be effective.

If he pitches to contact and the Phillies defense helps him out - solid move.

The other line of thinking with Charlie starting him could be that its an AL park. He won't have to worry about PH'ing for him and that could allow him to go deeper than he normally would. In an NL park he's a 5-6 IP guy. This could push him into the 7th, I hope.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

The Yankees are Pedro's "daddy!"