GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Some Gimped Ass Plays

Trying to hold myself accountable to help track my actual percentages and what my performance COULD be if I could just have some discipline, focus on straight wagers only, and learn bankroll management.

Yesterdays plays:

Went 3/3 on Yankees, Cards, Dodgers

Today went 4 for 5, each small individual bets and a parlay, which of course was my downfall.

7/8 in the last two days, yet only up about a grand because of my parlay addiction.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Self-control is difficult to master. If I knew anything about it, I wouldn't be at home yet again on Friday night, getting high and watching a Liga MX game.

Lower the risk amount on the parlays if you can't cut them out entirely ... You can still have action without squandering so much of your profit for the day.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

I've had a lucky run the past week and hit a couple decent parlays to re-establish my bankroll, I'm hoping I can force myself to slow down, just do straight wagers, and if I must, do a parlay with a small enough amount that like you said doesn't ruin my profit.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

id love to track my plays but its hard to put live bets into a spreadsheet. i wonder if anyone truly tracks 100% of there plays

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Saturdays Plays

Moneylines:

Pirates
    Rays
    Tigers

Reverse Runlines +1.5:

Cards
    Orioles
    Dodgers

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

4/6 today, a dose of reality...

And ironically, this is a day where I would have been better off losing a single parlay than still winning over 50 percent yet losing a little money with juice.

Back at it tomorrow.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Sunday Bases

Dbacks, Pirates, Rays moneylines.

A's Runline +1.5.

Cards reverse runline +1.5.

And a small parlay combining then all.

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Wow, 0-5 today, brutal...

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Total at 11/19 now after a brutal Sunday. Ended up live betting red sox but not counting that toward my record, tho it did help me salvage a bit of my payroll hit that I took today.

With an 11-8 record, assuming an average line of -150, was playing it traditional helpful?

Had I bet them all equally, lets use $100 for the sake of math, at -150 I would have ended the week with 1100 in gains minus 1200 in losses.

I guess the first illustration I need to take note of is that since I often lean towards the favorite and like to abuse runlines, the juice is eating me alive with a 57% win rate. Playing such chalky lines will only work if I can pound them out at 65% or better consistently.

Lessons learned?

I suppose I need to start playing more underdogs for 1, and keep away from the heavy parlays 2.

Other thoughts?

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!

Did well with NCAA Football over the weekend but didn't post my plays so resuming the record here and now.

Tonight I have 3 plays I like a lot.

1) Cardinals over Reds

Cards don't get swept often, and I like betting them when they have get-away days to avoid sweeps.

Both Arroyo and Miller have been weak lately but looking at the specific matchups against each others team here, Miller is 1-0 with a 2.45 ERA vs the Reds in 2 starts, while Arroyo is 8-16 with a 4.65 ERA against the Cards, while also going 0-4 in his last 4 against them.

Cardinals +110

2) Rockies over Dodgers

Clearly the Dodgers are the better team here but having wrapped up their division basically they are in the enviable position of stretching out arms, testing out young guys, playing around with their depth and overall, not being in a position of NEEDING to win every night. This is one of those nights, they are testing out Volquez, who is 0-5 with a 12.46 ERA in his last six against the Rockies and is 0-4 against them this season with a 13.08 ERA.

Rockies are at home, and while out of the playoffs still want to win for their home fans and have their best pitcher on the mound in De La Rosa who is 4-0 with a 2.00 ERA in his last six home starts.

Rockies -123

3) Pirates over Brewers

This is my least favorite of the three because it looks too easy but lets keep it simple: Brewers have the 2nd worst record in baseball against lefties and they're facing one of the best lefties in baseball today. Liriano is 2-0 with a 1.54 ERA in 2 starts against the Brew Crew this year while Wily Peralta has a 5.12 home ERA and in his last 3 games overall is 0-2 with a 6.46 ERA.

Pirates -151