Milkin' it Slowly
    Milkin' it Slowly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who's your preseaon favorite for the World Series?

Even though I'm a Yankee fan... I think Detriot is goin the distance this year...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be starting my baseball capping when the NBA all-star break arrives. However, I know the Cardinals will not be repeating this year at all. They have way too many question marks with there pitching staff.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'll go on and put the kiss of death on the Cubs and pick them

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    I'll go on and put the kiss of death on the Cubs and pick them
    Excellent choice Willie.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Milwaukee Brewers....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

What the hell, lets keep it in the NL. New York Mets.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

My Preseason WS prediction is:

Cleveland Indians vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Make sure to bring this thread up in Oct 2007 for a good laugh.

E
    Last edited by EBone; 02-07-07 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Changed from Mets to Phillies 2-8-2007

bigboydan

I still gotta do a lot of bases research over the next few weeks. However, I'll say the Halo's will win it.

That team just gelled great last year after they got rid of that stiffed Jeff Weaver. Unfortunately it was too late for them in the race to gain any ground.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

You got to like the Angels chances playing in that AL West. Only other contender in there are the Oakland A's.

bigboydan

Not to mention the fact that they can beat the Yankees.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Toronto 4, Milwaukee 2

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    You got to like the Angels chances playing in that AL West. Only other contender in there are the Oakland A's.
    I like the Halos' chances, but I think it's pretty wide open in that division as things stand right now.

The California/Los Angeles/Anaheim/Orange County/Disneyland/West Coast Angels could be a lot like the Astros the past 2-3 years with what appears to be the division's best pitching but not a whole lotta' pop in the batting order.

Oakland always fools me, so I don't ever count them out. But they do have two huge holes to fill with the loss of Zito and Big Hurt.

Seattle, well, I'm not ready to put them down as my lock of the century pick for last in the division. They could surprise if Putz shows he's for real, Felix rebounds from a poor sophomore showing, and both Sexson and Beltre just play up to about 90% of their potential (which I think you can probably toss in the fat chance file).

Texas is a mystery in a lot of ways. Lots of if's, like the Mariners - - if Gagne has anything to offer in relief, if Millwood, McCarthy and Padilla can round into a good 1-2-3 trio at the top of the rotation, and if the outfield, which has nobody left from a couple of seasons ago, can mesh together (think someone like Nelson Cruz has to have a breakout year).

I won't be surprised by any team in that division, just think it's up for grabs.

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    Texas is a mystery in a lot of ways. Lots of if's, like the Mariners - - if Gagne has anything to offer in relief, if Millwood, McCarthy and Padilla can round into a good 1-2-3 trio at the top of the rotation, and if the outfield, which has nobody left from a couple of seasons ago, can mesh together (think someone like Nelson Cruz has to have a breakout year).
    Texas will not be a mystery to me. They will suck, especially after the all-star break, like they always do. They spend money on bats, but neglect pitching. Millwood is washed up and Padilla sucks. The new manager will get run over by the primadonnas in the clubhouse. Texas is a snake-bit team and will stink this year like they always do.

You heard it here first: The Rangers are DONE!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    The California/Los Angeles/Anaheim/Orange County/Disneyland/West Coast Angels

Im surprised Disneyland hasnt got their name on them yet.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Marlins for sure....Take them now while you still can