stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Alex Rodriguez's Camp Reportedly Snitched On Players During Doping Investigation

Members of Alex Rodriguez's camp obtained and leaked documents related to the Biogenesis case Major League Baseball investigated, reports Michael Radutzky of CBS News. That resulted in the implication of Ryan Braun and New York Yankees teammate Francisco Cervelli.

Andy McCullough
    @McCulloughSL

Alex Rodriguez's attorney denies the CBS report about A-Rod's associates leaking names to MLB. Says the 211-game ban "will not stand."

A 60 Minutes investigation shows people close to Rodriguez received documents which were complete with the names of Braun, Cervelli and Danny Valencia. Of the three, only Valencia was cleared by MLB.
    Braun and Cervelli's names were redacted in the Miami New Times documents. Members of Rodriguez's camp at the time obtained unredacted versions and leaked them to Yahoo! Sports, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter. The unredacted documents also implicated Baltimore Oriole Danny Valencia, who MLB later investigated and cleared.
    The report states Rodriguez's camp leaked the information to Yahoo! Sports shortly after the initial news broke through the Miami New Times. The names of Braun and Cervelli were redacted in the original documents obtained by the paper.
    The 60 Minutes piece does not make a definitive connection between Rodriguez and the leaked information. The basis is the role of Rodriguez's "inner circle" in providing the previously unseen content to Yahoo! Sports.
    Contacted for comment, Rodriguez's lawyer, David Cornwell, denied the claims and said the Yankees third baseman remains respectful of the appeals process on his 211-game suspension:
    The allegations are untrue and are another attempt to harm Alex -- this time by driving a wedge between Alex and other players in the game. While Alex focuses on baseball and repeatedly states that he is going to respect the appeal process, the drumbeat of false allegations continues.
    Braun received a 65-game suspension, and Cervelli was one of several players to accept a 50-game ban for his connection to the Biogenesis clinic.
    CBS News also reports the new allegations against the Rodriguez camp could have a negative impact on his ability to fight the lengthy suspension.
    Rodriguez's case is set to be heard by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz in the coming weeks. If MLB were to present evidence that Rodriguez's camp knowingly leaked additional Bosch business records, it might demonstrate that Rodriguez's camp had not only obtained them to keep them out of the hands of investigators, but that he actively sought to interfere with baseball's investigation by releasing other players' names.
    Braun and Cervelli are already serving their suspensions. Rodriguez continues to play for the Yankees while awaiting the appeals process. As of Aug. 16, he's appeared in nine games and is hitting .278 with one home run and four RBI.
    It's unclear how much weight MLB will put into the new report since it doesn't directly link Rodriguez to the leak. More will be known once his appeal is heard.

stevenash

1) I used to have a modicum of respect for Alex, this was a while ago.
    That's down the crapper.

2) I don't believe a mother freaking sylable that this guy says anymore

3) This guy gives paranoia a new meaning.

4) If true, and I belive you, YOU DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR BROTHERS.
    YOU DON'T DO IT, YOU DON'T DO IT, YOU DON'T DO IT.

You don't think Valencia doesn't have friends? I am sure he has plenty. I know he got sent down, but I am sure Mr. Johnson of the O's or any other flame thrower would love to put one in his ear. I'd pay money to see that.

Cops don't throw other cops under the bus so to speak, players don't do this either.
    Well you do if you are dirt bag.

This, if true, is one of the worst things a MLB player can do

I abhor this man now.
    Points Awarded:

I/O gave stevenash 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

It's a steadfast rule in life, not just baseball.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I've been a Yankee fan for many years...and true Yankee fans would say A-Rod is not a Yankee...never. It was the absolute worst signing directed by Steinbrenner before he lost it, and carried out by Cashman in Yankee history. When the suspension goes down for him the Yankees will hopefully cut bait and walk away from the jackass forever

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I've been a Yankee fan for many years...and true Yankee fans would say A-Rod is not a Yankee...never. It was the absolute worst signing directed by Steinbrenner before he lost it, and carried out by Cashman in Yankee history. When the suspension goes down for him the Yankees will hopefully cut bait and walk away from the jackass forever
    The idiot kid son bid against himself, A-Rod has made a career out of throwing people under the bus, start with Jeter if you want, and I could say some things about Jeter, like "why did you stiff me at Joe's Pub that one night when you were with Sehorn, I wasn't some drooling pie eyed teenager, I did want an autograph, I wanted to shake your hand and say hello, stiffed me, no eye contact, nothing, but that's just Jetes, at least he carries himself with pride. Sehorn was cool enough though, but I digress.

Take your 2013 salary, pack up in October when your fancy season is finished, and GTFU, baseball doesn't need you, New York doesn't need you, nobody needs you

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Gueys this may not be true.

The Media is probably just reporting this to stir the pot.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I find it hard to believe someone so successful could be this insecure, but he's proven us wrong time and time again. To not be confident enough or comfortable in your own skin with that kind of physical talent -- really interesting how impressionable and paranoid he's been for over a decade now. He'll be an interesting "30 for 30" type story someday.

DMB40
    DMB40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Cashman was against it. When arod opted out of his contract it was Hank who made deal with arod not Cashman.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Why won't this dumb shit go away. Who gives a fukk. They all hit the lottery. Boo fukkin hoo.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A-Rod washed up regardless

If he was 28 then this is a major story

Deuce is right

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

I never trusted arod after he slapped the ball from glove while running bases

fukk that clown

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Bunch of clowns

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I never trusted arod after he slapped the ball from glove while running bases

fukk that clown
    Varitek still never took his mask off either when those two clowns danced that one time.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'd so much rather be Barry Bonds than Arod in the history books.

stevenash

^
    How long did Bond's guy sit in jail?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Barry Bonds was a hero. The greatest player to ever to put on a pair of baseball cleats. Steroids or not he was the best player of all time.

A-Rod is not clutch in the playoffs and too injury prone.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    How long did Bond's guy sit in jail?
    Long enough to earn a nice paycheck.

All the smart ones have fall guys.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Is anyone really surprised by this? ARod just has the feeling of being a b*tch

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Barry Bonds was a hero. The greatest player to ever to put on a pair of baseball cleats. Steroids or not he was the best player of all time.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

you arent a yankee fan if you actually think george had anything to do with this .... idiot

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

A-Rod is not clutch in the playoffs and too injury prone.
    Your posts are mind-numbingly stupid.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

I knew A-Roid was a snitch

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Your posts are mind-numbingly stupid.
    why even read them? lol

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Big deal, his name was the only one that was leaked in that 130 something list.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Big deal, his name was the only one that was leaked in that 130 something list.
    But the point is, do not throw teammates under the bus.
    Forget Braun, he threw his back up catcher under the bus, and Cervelli should, and I bet he will, give A-Rod 'what for' for doing so.
    I'd throw down if I was Cervelli

You mad bro

But the point is, do not throw teammates under the bus.
    Forget Braun, he threw his back up catcher under the bus, and Cervelli should, and I bet he will, give A-Rod 'what for' for doing so.
    I'd throw down if I was Cervelli
    cervelli would win .. guy is a bruiser

stevenash

^
    You have seen him up close and personal, he's scary.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by DMB40 View Post
    Cashman was against it. When arod opted out of his contract it was Hank who made deal with arod not Cashman.
    Not the first one....The Yankee front office was falling over each other to get A-Rod in pinstripes....the second contract Cashman was against.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    It's a steadfast rule in life, not just baseball.
    Absolutely right.
    Red Sox fans at Fenway Park tonight should punctuate that sentiment. I don't think Rodriguez understands the depth of his infamy, but Sawx nation will take care of that tonight. Please understand: the NYY /BOS rivalry is like the IRA and the British RUC. The rivalry is predicated on real, visceral hate! A-ROD is about tet served a cold can of old school New England whoop ash tonight in the fens. I wouldn't be surprised if he were carried out on a stretcher.

You mad bro

^
    You have seen him up close and personal, he's scary.
    cervelli has a big peepee too

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    Absolutely right.
    Red Sox fans at Fenway Park tonight should punctuate that sentiment. I don't think Rodriguez understands the depth of his infamy, but Sawx nation will take care of that tonight. Please understand: the NYY /BOS rivalry is like the IRA and the British RUC. The rivalry is predicated on real, visceral hate! A-ROD is about tet served a cold can of old school New England whoop ash tonight in the fens. I wouldn't be surprised if he were carried out on a stretcher.
    Doubront "I'm sorry Alex, it slipped, I miised inside with my heater, sorry pal"

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I don't know if this story is true. This sounds like 60 minutes trying to stir up ratings and jump in on the F A-Rod sentiment.

stevenash

^
    Their target audience isn't really the MLB crowd, unless they want to pull that demographic (if I am even using the word right) in.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

and now he's a SNITCH too.

Why should anybody care? If he ratted out a bunch of Mexican baseball players who roided? I thought they said it wasn't A-Rod who released names it was some of his people. This guy can't put his friends on a leash. They were bitching that he was a slum lord too. Do you think he manages all his investments?

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

^
    Their target audience isn't really the MLB crowd, unless they want to pull that demographic (if I am even using the word right) in.
    News is news...the A-rod/bio-genesis scandal in general has been on the front page of usa today several times. Also 60-mintues covers a lot of things, they've interviewed A-rod before.