jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

8/11 sunday afternoon plays

OAK/TOR o8.5

This is as close as you can get to a HR derby. Griffin/Dickey have had trouble at the long ball, and it's going to be a slugfest at the rogers centre this afternoon.

PIT/COL u5.5 FF

The pirates struggle at coors field, they are simply not a slugging team. Both pitchers with high GO/AO ratios. not expecting much production

DET/NYY -1.5 tigers

Verlander is back. proved those naysayers last week vs the indians with a gem. He might get touched up for a few at yankee stadium but pettitte is going to have a terrible outing this afternoon.

Bonus:
    NFL Preseason : colts-bills over 17.5 at half
    Both teams got something to prove this season. Not sure how much the starters will play, but I don't think these defenses are strong. During the season, I'd say the line would be about 47-50, and at 17.5, I think I'm getting a good deal. also, trending around the nfl in preseason lately, the OVER has been winning

GLTA

jay89

nfl preseason play cashes.

others not looking too hot right now

jay89

3-1 Today.

Jays game was closer than I thought. Pirates don't deserve the Coors field premium line. More picks tomorrow.

jay89

Early Picks for 8/12

Rockies -1.5 vs padres
    Padres have scored 3 or less in their past 5 games, today they score 2 on an errant throw. Edinson volquez on the mound, the rockies should be able to handle them easily

Cleveland vs Minny - U8.5
    Backing the two rookies here. Playing the left/right splits, these two are in for a good pitching duel.

Baltimore vs Arizona - O8.5
    Chase field has been home to some high scoring games lately. Baltimore is rolling into town after putting on a clinic at AT&T. Wade miley got some easy wins vs the rays/cubs, but the o's will light him up. I don't trust feldman in this situation, the d'backs will put up some runs.

other mentionables: tigers over cws, yankees over angels

GL

jay89

first 2 picks cash (pretty much), baltimore/arizona tba... too tired, will update tomorrow

5-1 this week (1 tba)

few early picks for 8/13:

minny over the indians
    - Deduno has been great at home. Deduno also has good vs left splits. Zach mcallister does not have good career numbers vs the twins, nor good vs left splits. The twins have been hot of late, while the indians have been cold. divisional matchups are icky for me, but I'm feeling confident here.

PIT/STL FF over
    - no line here yet, I'm guessing 3.5 (7.5 whole game). but these two pitchers have struggled of late. wainwright/morton's last starts vs their opponent have been at least 4 runs each. Plus, they won't be safe at PNC. Putting in a solid bet on this one.

ATL/PIT FF over
    - again, no line yet. presumably 4-4.5. ethan martin is a rookie, and he's going to make mistakes with the longball (as he did in his first career start vs the braves) medlen allowed 3 homers against the phillies last time out. the previous start vs the phillies to that, he allowed 6 in 5. I would say he pitches better at home but I like both these offenses to help me out here.

jay89

took a hit tonight. 6-4 this week.

For tomorrow (8/14)
    CLE-MIN FF over
    HOU-OAK FF under
    DET -1.5 over CWS

jay89

3-0 today, 9-4 on the week