stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

If there ever was a good spot to lay juice on a run line....

This is it.
    Texas Rangers -130 r/l over Houston Astros.

Why?
    a) - Because I preach the only time one should wager on a run line is when the side you like is a road favorite.
    Why? Because a road team is guaranteed to hit in all nine innings, the ninth inning is important for a run line wager if you are on the road because if you are up one run, more times than not, a manager will play for a tack on add on run.

b) - The Astro starter, Brad Peacock is a lefty, and he is a hamburger to boot. He does not belong in the bigs. He stinks. I usually am a long winded gas bag in my writeups, but I don't have to be this time, he stinks.

Texas has plenty of hitters that smack around left handed pitchers.

Like Beltre for instance, he has been slaughtering southpaws all season.
    Beltre has hit seven balls really hard that went over the fence so far this year versus lefties. He's 33 for 104 .317 ba and sports a .372 oba against port siders.

Know who else hits Cacky handers well?
    Ian Kinsler, that's who.
    Ian has a .310 batting average and a .381 oba. Not too shabby.

Now, besides Opie, I bet not many of you guys know the Rangers have a guy named Jeff Baker on their team that can play third base, first base, DH, or play the OF.

OK, maybe some of you guys did know about the Jeff Baker that plays for the Texas Rangers, but what nobody knows, well, maybe Opie knows, is that Jeff Baker has been feasting off of left handed pitching all season.
    Pay attention to these numbers, this is what Baker has done vs. LHP's so far.
    He's 21 for 58 that's a .362 battin' average. Factor in 8 walks, after all,a walk is as a good as a hit don't ya know? that equates into a .441 oba.
    Baker has 8 homeruns against lefties too boot in those 58 at bats, that is one tater every seven at bats versus left handed pitching.

If manager Washington does not give Baker a start batting against this cheeseburger, than he has rocks in his head, or he has been putting rocks in his nose (again)

Alex Rios, the new kid on the block, hits .301 vs. left.
    AJ hits .286 against left.

And the guys, like Andrus, who is .261, they become like .290 against double A ball pitchers like Peacock.

OK, now let's look at the flip side, shall we?

Texas trots out Mr. Holland's Opus as their starter, he is also a southpaw, the only Houston Spaceman that hits Mr. Holland is Altuve, and his .301 is 85 percent singles.
    All the other Houston hitters pretty much can't touch them lefties. And Mr. Holland is a mighty fine left handed hurler, I tell ya what.

So, what do we have here?
    One team that starts a real crappy lefty squaring off against a team that hits any lefty, no less, real crappy lefties well, against a team that starts a really swell left handed starter who sqaures off against a team that can't them for bupkus.

I am willing to wager the 100 Nashy dollars I just won on the first inning will there be a run scored prop wager and put it all on the Texas 'Walker' Rangers at -130, minus 1.5 runs.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Isn't Peacock a righty?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Lefty?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Isn't Peacock a righty?
    Yes

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Here's a stat for you, Astros are 66-157 against winning teams the last 3 years. Even is Peacock is a righty and seems to have gotten his act together since being sent down earlier this summer, it's not a terrible spot. Astros get pounded by good teams.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

stevenash

Boy does Nashy have egg on his face, that'll teach this gas bag (that would be me) to double check these things out first.
    I would have bet money he was left, that's why I went straight to the Ranger splits stats versus lefties, I was so sure he was a lefty I didn't double check.

God, Nashy can be an air head at times.

Still say Peacock gets croaked though.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

I put a little on

+200
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-25-15 at 09:22 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

damnt i just put $1,000 on Rangers -1.5 thinking the Rangers were going to rock this lefty!

haha jk

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Game has a funky feel to it.....I think astros laying in wait for this one

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nashy not a bad bet

Might try it small

good luck

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

On it -125 , even if he's a righty, astros aren't getting to holland, and they've finally found their offensive groove . Even if peadick goes 6 scoreless, that god awful pen will give up 10 hits and 6 runs themselves. Solid play imo

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

on it easy money

stevenash

Even though I had that brain fart, and I pride myself on not making those types of mistakes, but I did this time, the big thing still remains the Rangers get 9 turns at bat, instead of 8 if this game was in Arlington.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

6 outings this season this clowns made it outta the 5th once

Rangers TT over lookin sexier than Roseanne nashy!